Passing URL from VB5 to IE4
Author Message
 Passing URL from VB5 to IE4

Quote:

> I've got a project that I need to pass a URL to a running instance of
> IE4. Problem is that everything i have tried opens up a new instance
> of IE4 rather than using the one that is still there. I can identity
> the hwnd of the running IE, but don't really understand how to refer
> to it as an object name to apply  .navigate2 or other commands.

> Since I want to keep the look and feel of the IE4 branding, using
> the webbrowser control isn't an option.

> One more little tidbit, in all cases, IE4 will be running before the
> customer application ever starts.

> Any ideas?

Hello,

How about DDE ?

    ddelabel.LinkTopic = "Iexplore|WWW_OpenURL"
    ddelabel.LinkMode = 2
    wURL$ = Chr$(34) & "http:/www.whatever.com" & Chr$(34)
    Item$ = wURL$ & ",,-1,0x1,,,,"
    ddelabel.LinkItem = Item$
    ddelabel.LinkRequest
    ddelabel.LinkMode = 0

HTH

Mon, 08 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How do I run my default Broswer(IE4) with a URL in vb5

2. Hiding the toolbar, statusbar, and URL in IE4 w/ vbscript

3. Triggering a URL in Netscape and IE4

4. Getting the current IE4 URl

5. Passing params to ActiveX control in IE4

6. Passing userid/password in IE4

7. Need help passing query parameters in a url

8. Passing variable through the URL

9. passing values in URL

10. Passing URL to user's default browser

11. Passing URL and calling browser

12. Passing parameters to the URL via vbscript