OCX controls fails to fire DOEVENTS to Javascript on ASP Page
Author Message
 OCX controls fails to fire DOEVENTS to Javascript on ASP Page

I have an OCX control (VB Project) in a cab file with severals dll. It
appears that one of the DLLs got corrupted during the deployment of
the cab file. The system (Windows 98SE) is not having this problem
when we try to run it.

The control sends XML, the OCX calls DOEVENTS function to trigger the
JavaScript in IE that calls a function that talks to XML server.

The JavaScript function in IE never gets the signal from DOEVENTS
call. So the XML never gets through to that function.

DOEVENTS is a system function call, which means that one of controls
handling DOEVENTS function call does not work properly on the system.
I'm looking into which DLL has this API function call and we will try
to replace this file and hopefully this will take care of the problem.

I need to know what DLL handles DOEVENTS function?

Does anyone know any issues in the Microsoft Database that addresses
the non-firing of events in IE using Javascript and OCX controls?

Any other suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Wed, 11 Aug 2004 00:50:17 GMT

1. OCX control fails to fire DOEVENTS to Javascript on ASP Page

2. OCX controls fails to fire DOEVENTS to Javascript on ASP Page

3. Problem with an ActiveX Control (OCX) in an ASP page

4. Passing Variables between javascript and vbscript on ASP pages

5. Client-side javascript in a asp page ???

6. Problem with an ActiveX Control (OCX) in an ASP page

7. Listview Control (ocx) on a web page(asp)

8. Intercepting User Defined Event fired from dll in ASP page

9. Object in ASP page not firing events

10. Fire ASP Page From A Running VB App

11. ISNUMERIC test in ASP page fails when field has a decimal

12. Parsing XML from an ASP page that Creates XML fails