--Best way of downloading webpage and parsing the file for some text fields
Author Message
 --Best way of downloading webpage and parsing the file for some text fields

Hi,
    Actually i want to  download a webpage.
This webpage has some text(html elemnt). I want
to parse some of text elemetns in the webpage.
How can we do it?
Which is the best way of doing it?
(Using Inet control or XMLHttp or ....)

Please help me out

thanx
garikaps

Wed, 03 Nov 2004 03:53:42 GMT
 --Best way of downloading webpage and parsing the file for some text fields
I've used XMLHTTP a lot, and it works without a hitch. If your HTML code is
well-formed (meaning: very well formed, XML-style), you might be able to use
XML DOM to parse it, otherwise return your HTML document into a string and
parse it using INSTR and/or INSTRREV.

Dave Th. Hutmacher

Quote:
> Hi,
>     Actually i want to  download a webpage.
> This webpage has some text(html elemnt). I want
> to parse some of text elemetns in the webpage.
> How can we do it?
> Which is the best way of doing it?
> (Using Inet control or XMLHttp or ....)

> Please help me out

> thanx
> garikaps

Wed, 03 Nov 2004 05:54:58 GMT
 --Best way of downloading webpage and parsing the file for some text fields
Use WebBrowser, which already parses
the HTML into DOM: you can crawl that.

HTH

thomas

Quote:
> I've used XMLHTTP a lot, and it works without a hitch. If your HTML code
is
> well-formed (meaning: very well formed, XML-style), you might be able to
use
> XML DOM to parse it, otherwise return your HTML document into a string and
> parse it using INSTR and/or INSTRREV.

> Dave Th. Hutmacher

> > Hi,
> >     Actually i want to  download a webpage.
> > This webpage has some text(html elemnt). I want
> > to parse some of text elemetns in the webpage.
> > How can we do it?
> > Which is the best way of doing it?
> > (Using Inet control or XMLHttp or ....)

> > Please help me out

> > thanx
> > garikaps

Wed, 03 Nov 2004 23:43:04 GMT
 --Best way of downloading webpage and parsing the file for some text fields
Hi,
        try the new version of SocketPro at www.udaparts.com, which comes
with a lot of VB samples. One of them is named as GetHTML.exe. I think that
it is witten just for you. Additionally, it is totally free to you.

--
Yuancai (Charlie) Ye
Use of free SocketPro package for creating super client and server

Quote:
> Hi,
>     Actually i want to  download a webpage.
> This webpage has some text(html elemnt). I want
> to parse some of text elemetns in the webpage.
> How can we do it?
> Which is the best way of doing it?
> (Using Inet control or XMLHttp or ....)

> Please help me out

> thanx
> garikaps

Thu, 27 Jan 2005 08:25:26 GMT

1. Better ways to put text into textbox??

2. get a file, parse it for info, display info on webpage

3. Help parse a text string from sequential text file

4. Parsing a field for illegal text

5. Text field parsing on a name

6. What is the best way to parse a looping, fixed length field text file.

7. dropdownlists and grids, which ways is the best?

8. good ways to use recordsets without autocommit?

9. Better ways to schedule?

10. good ways to use recordsets without autocommit?

11. Parse webpage

12. Parse webpage