Wininet.dll AND VB6 crashing
Author Message
 Wininet.dll AND VB6 crashing

Hello,
I'm having a problem with Wininet.dll and VB6.  The problem for me occurs as
soon as I make calls to Wininet.dll (ver. 4.72.3110.0) My program crashes
with an invalid page fault in Msvbvm60.dll (ver. 6.00.8268).  However, it
runs fine when I'm in the VB6 development environment, but as soon as I
compile and run from another system or even on my own system then it
crashes.  But if I compile in VB5 and it doesn't crash on any system?  This
isn't really a solution for me though.  I want be able to get it working in
VB6.  Are these version of Wininet.dll and VB6 runtime DLL not able to work
together?  I'm using Windows 98 on my system and the systems it crashes on.
Any ideas?

Thanks for any info,
David Eddy

Sun, 05 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Wininet.dll AND VB6 crashing
I tried installing Visual Studio 6 Service Pack 2 and the problem still
exists.  Any ideas?

David

Quote:

>Have you tried installing the service pack?

> http://www.newsfeeds.com/       The Largest Usenet Servers in the World!
>-----------== Over 66,000 Groups, Plus  a  Dedicated  Binaries Server

==----------

Thu, 09 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Wininet.dll AND VB6 crashing

Quote:

>I tried installing Visual Studio 6 Service Pack 2 and the problem still
>exists.  Any ideas?

Try checking what you are passing to the DLL whel you call it.  If you are
sure everything is syntatically valid then e-mail the information (the DLL
names and versions) to microsoft as a bug report.  They probably made a
mistake in it.  Also check that you aren't trying to use it for a different
OS then it is meant to be (although it working in VB5 means that it should
work anyway).  Microsoft most likely goofed up, try searching their
knowledge database in addtion, they may be working on a fix and haven't got
one yet.

 http://www.newsfeeds.com/       The Largest Usenet Servers in the World!
-----------== Over 66,000 Groups, Plus  a  Dedicated  Binaries Server ==----------

Mon, 13 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Wininet.dll AND VB6 crashing
If it worked in VB5 but not VB6 then there may be a problem with VB6
(assuming the code is straight to begin with).  Checked the KB's?   I do
know that could use much of the Multithreading API's in VB5  but VB6 can't
use any of it. Unless VB6 is around more than a year or so... I'm sticking
with VB5.

Brad

--

Free ActiveX Controls:
xStrings - Useful string methods and Regular Expressions!

>I tried installing Visual Studio 6 Service Pack 2 and the problem still
>exists.  Any ideas?

>David

>>Have you tried installing the service pack?

==----------
>> http://www.newsfeeds.com/       The Largest Usenet Servers in the World!
>>-----------== Over 66,000 Groups, Plus  a  Dedicated  Binaries Server
>==----------

Thu, 16 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Inet causes crash in wininet.dll

2. WININET.DLL problem, crashing

3. VB6 IDE crashes when reference local DLL that uses a remote MTS DLL

4. PLEASE HELP with Wininet.DLL/Wininet.LIB

5. PLEASE HELP me with Wininet.DLL/Wininet.LIB

6. PLEASE HELP me with Wininet.DLL/Wininet.LIB

7. PLEASE HELP me with Wininet.DLL/Wininet.LIB

8. VB6 crashes when using user created ocx and dll

9. VB6 setup oleaut32.dll crashes Windows 98?

10. VB6 crashes when using user created ocx and dll

11. VB6 EXE crash, with IDE OK. Event sink in VM60.dll

12. HELP! VB6 crash with MSDART32.dll error