Help! WebClass/ADO in VB6 Problem
Author Message
 Help! WebClass/ADO in VB6 Problem

Does anybody know anything about WebClasses?

I just finished writing a data-access system in VB6 and I used ADO 2.0
and the new WebClass 1.0 Libraries.  Everything works perfect, that is,
until I compile and run it outside of the IDE.  Then, all I get in the
browser is the message:

CompaqInventory error '800a9c68'
Application-defined or object-defined error
/compaq/inventory.asp, line 14

Does anybody have an idea what I've done wrong?  Why would everything
work fine from the IDE but not work when I compile it?  Thanks in
advance for any help or answers you can offer.

- craig

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help! WebClass/ADO in VB6 Problem
Are you testing this with Personal Information Server?  I have seen a lot of
problems like this using Personal Information Server that go away once you
register all your DLLs in MTS.  You do not need to make use of all of MTS's
functionality.  You simply need to register the objects in your DLL with it
and use it as the object broker.  Then everything will work fine outside of
the IDE as expected.  This has not been a issue though when the web page was
being served by IIS only when being test against Personal Information
Server.
Quote:

>Does anybody know anything about WebClasses?

>I just finished writing a data-access system in VB6 and I used ADO 2.0
>and the new WebClass 1.0 Libraries.  Everything works perfect, that is,
>until I compile and run it outside of the IDE.  Then, all I get in the
>browser is the message:

>CompaqInventory error '800a9c68'
>Application-defined or object-defined error
>/compaq/inventory.asp, line 14

>Does anybody have an idea what I've done wrong?  Why would everything
>work fine from the IDE but not work when I compile it?  Thanks in
>advance for any help or answers you can offer.

>- craig

Sun, 05 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help! WebClass/ADO in VB6 Problem
Yes, I am using Personal Web Server on a Win98 laptop.  However, I copied the
source over to my NT Web Server running IIS 4.0 and it wouldn't work there
either.  Could it be the same problem?  Also, how exactly do I register my DLL
objects with MTS?  I've never done that one before.

Thanks...

- craig

Quote:

> Are you testing this with Personal Information Server?  I have seen a lot of
> problems like this using Personal Information Server that go away once you
> register all your DLLs in MTS.  You do not need to make use of all of MTS's
> functionality.  You simply need to register the objects in your DLL with it
> and use it as the object broker.  Then everything will work fine outside of
> the IDE as expected.  This has not been a issue though when the web page was
> being served by IIS only when being test against Personal Information
> Server.

> >Does anybody know anything about WebClasses?

> >I just finished writing a data-access system in VB6 and I used ADO 2.0
> >and the new WebClass 1.0 Libraries.  Everything works perfect, that is,
> >until I compile and run it outside of the IDE.  Then, all I get in the
> >browser is the message:

> >CompaqInventory error '800a9c68'
> >Application-defined or object-defined error
> >/compaq/inventory.asp, line 14

> >Does anybody have an idea what I've done wrong?  Why would everything
> >work fine from the IDE but not work when I compile it?  Thanks in
> >advance for any help or answers you can offer.

> >- craig

Mon, 06 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help! WebClass/ADO in VB6 Problem
Craig,

I would venture to say your error doesn't have to do with WebClasses, but
the data connection.  That's because I created a VB6 project using the Data
Environment and ADO and got the same error message.  I have posted on 2/17
in the vb.database and vb.database.ado about my error.  My project works
flawlessly on my developing computer. When I put it on a test machine with
all the dependencies I get the same error.  I have searched everywhere I can
think of.  Go to microsoft support and search on "Application-defined or
object-defined error" and you get an assortment of results, but none that
deal with using ADO and the Data Environment.

If you figure out your problem I will be interested in how you resolved it.

Quote:

>Does anybody know anything about WebClasses?

>I just finished writing a data-access system in VB6 and I used ADO 2.0
>and the new WebClass 1.0 Libraries.  Everything works perfect, that is,
>until I compile and run it outside of the IDE.  Then, all I get in the
>browser is the message:

>CompaqInventory error '800a9c68'
>Application-defined or object-defined error
>/compaq/inventory.asp, line 14

>Does anybody have an idea what I've done wrong?  Why would everything
>work fine from the IDE but not work when I compile it?  Thanks in
>advance for any help or answers you can offer.

>- craig

Fri, 10 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. WebClass/ADO in VB6 Problem

2. Problem with ADO database access from VB6 - WebClass/IIS 5.0

3. Webclass - ADO and SQL Problem - Help NEEDED!

4. Permission problem with WebClass DLL and ADO database

5. VB6 WebClass Problem

6. VB6 ADO/Access problem - can anyone help?

7. WEBClass strange problem, pls help

8. webclass strange problem, pls help

9. Webclass problem or bug, please help?

10. VB6: Problem sharing ADO connection between COM Objects (complex problem)

11. VB6: Problem sharing ADO connection between COM Objects (complex problem)

12. VB6 Webclass