creating OLEISAPI dlls
Author Message
 creating OLEISAPI dlls

I managed to create an OLEISAPI dll in Visual Basic, register it on my NT
Workstation (ver 4.0) running peer web services using regsvr32. I then use
it in an ASP, exit the web browser, and unregister the dll successfully
(regsvr32 -u). Despite all of this, when I make changes to the project and
remake the dll, I can't override the old one (I get an error saying a
process is using it).

HOW DO I GET RID OF IT!?? I have no problems if I just register and
unregister the dll immediately without using it in a web page. More
importantly, does anyway have a good method for building these things in
visual basic, then test them, add more, test again, add more, etc...

Thu, 21 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 creating OLEISAPI dlls
When you reference your component from ASP the web server keeps it open even
after the session has closed. Recycling the WEB server is an option but it's
a pain during trial and error period. Another option is using MTS which will
provide process isolation.

I agree, this is a pain. You really want to test you app locally from
Windows (without WEB) if possible then migrate to WEB. This isn't always
possible though.........

--
"The opinions expressed herein are mine and not my employer".

Mike Kleiman
Web Application Developer
Lucent Technologies
(407) 812-5307

Quote:

>I managed to create an OLEISAPI dll in visual basic, register it on my NT
>Workstation (ver 4.0) running peer web services using regsvr32. I then use
>it in an ASP, exit the web browser, and unregister the dll successfully
>(regsvr32 -u). Despite all of this, when I make changes to the project and
>remake the dll, I can't override the old one (I get an error saying a
>process is using it).

>HOW DO I GET RID OF IT!?? I have no problems if I just register and
>unregister the dll immediately without using it in a web page. More
>importantly, does anyway have a good method for building these things in
>visual basic, then test them, add more, test again, add more, etc...

Fri, 22 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 creating OLEISAPI dlls
When we developed our ISAPI-dll's we ran into the same problem.
MOSt of the times it is enough to
    shut down the Webserver, which has the .dll running,
    change your code,
    rebuilt,
    register
    start up your server (you can do this earlier, if you dont make a call
to the dll<g>)
    test again

but sometimes the .dll hangs and step 1 won't work.
Then you can
    reboot cursing
    go on to step 2
or use Kill.exe to Kill the server, which is a lot better...

If you havn't kill.exe on your machine (i don't remember on which cd i found
it)
mail me and i'll beam it over...

Quote:
>When you reference your component from ASP the web server keeps it open
even
>after the session has closed. Recycling the WEB server is an option but
it's
>a pain during trial and error period. Another option is using MTS which
will
>provide process isolation.

>I agree, this is a pain. You really want to test you app locally from
>Windows (without WEB) if possible then migrate to WEB. This isn't always
>possible though.........

>--
>"The opinions expressed herein are mine and not my employer".

>Mike Kleiman
>Web Application Developer
>Lucent Technologies
>(407) 812-5307

>>I managed to create an OLEISAPI dll in visual basic, register it on my NT
>>Workstation (ver 4.0) running peer web services using regsvr32. I then use
>>it in an ASP, exit the web browser, and unregister the dll successfully
>>(regsvr32 -u). Despite all of this, when I make changes to the project and
>>remake the dll, I can't override the old one (I get an error saying a
>>process is using it).

>>HOW DO I GET RID OF IT!?? I have no problems if I just register and
>>unregister the dll immediately without using it in a web page. More
>>importantly, does anyway have a good method for building these things in
>>visual basic, then test them, add more, test again, add more, etc...

Mon, 25 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Looking for OLEISAPI.DLL

2. Help needed on OLEISAPI.DLL with IIS v2.0 and vb4 OLE server 32 bits

3. Looking for OLEISAPI.DLL

4. Looking for OLEISAPI.DLL

5. oleisapi.dll 'Invalid Class String' message

6. Anyone had luck with OLEISAPI.DLL and VB OLE DLLs?

7. oleisapi

8. OLEISAPI

9. OLEISAPI

10. OLEISAPI and VB5 problems