Inet Control FTP Using Wrong Destination Directory?
Author Message
 Inet Control FTP Using Wrong Destination Directory?

Hey folks.

I'm trying to use an inet control to ftp some big files (700 meg
average) and bring them to a local machine.  Due to the size of the
file, I need to send it to a drive other than the c: (windows) drive:

inet.protocol icFTP
inet.execute sServerAddress, "get //source/filename
d:\destdrive\filename"

When I run this my C: drive starts filling up.  I need it to go to the
d: drive because my c: drive isn't big enough. (D drive has several
gigs free, c about 400 megs)  Any ideas what's getting saved to c and
how I can avoid this?

I'm running vb6 on win98se; 640 megs ram

Thanks for any help,

Jeff

Mon, 16 Aug 2004 04:12:37 GMT
 Inet Control FTP Using Wrong Destination Directory?
You cannot fix this without rolling your own FTP method - the inet control
auto-streams to a temp file before copying.

Max Bolingbroke

Quote:
> Hey folks.

> I'm trying to use an inet control to ftp some big files (700 meg
> average) and bring them to a local machine.  Due to the size of the
> file, I need to send it to a drive other than the c: (windows) drive:

> inet.protocol icFTP
> inet.execute sServerAddress, "get //source/filename
> d:\destdrive\filename"

> When I run this my C: drive starts filling up.  I need it to go to the
> d: drive because my c: drive isn't big enough. (D drive has several
> gigs free, c about 400 megs)  Any ideas what's getting saved to c and
> how I can avoid this?

> I'm running vb6 on win98se; 640 megs ram

> Thanks for any help,

> Jeff

Mon, 16 Aug 2004 04:32:38 GMT
 Inet Control FTP Using Wrong Destination Directory?
I was afraid of that.  Thanks.

Quote:
> You cannot fix this without rolling your own FTP method - the inet control
> auto-streams to a temp file before copying.

> Max Bolingbroke

> > Hey folks.

> > I'm trying to use an inet control to ftp some big files (700 meg
> > average) and bring them to a local machine.  Due to the size of the
> > file, I need to send it to a drive other than the c: (windows) drive:

> > inet.protocol icFTP
> > inet.execute sServerAddress, "get //source/filename
> > d:\destdrive\filename"

> > When I run this my C: drive starts filling up.  I need it to go to the
> > d: drive because my c: drive isn't big enough. (D drive has several
> > gigs free, c about 400 megs)  Any ideas what's getting saved to c and
> > how I can avoid this?

> > I'm running vb6 on win98se; 640 megs ram

> > Thanks for any help,

> > Jeff

Mon, 16 Aug 2004 10:17:38 GMT
 Inet Control FTP Using Wrong Destination Directory?
Try setting your TEMP and TMP environment variables to D:\. I Believe that
the Inet control will stream to a temporary file first and then (after
transfer completes) copies the file to the destination given in the GET
command.

Fortune&Glory,
Robert

Quote:
> Hey folks.

> I'm trying to use an inet control to ftp some big files (700 meg
> average) and bring them to a local machine.  Due to the size of the
> file, I need to send it to a drive other than the c: (windows) drive:

> inet.protocol icFTP
> inet.execute sServerAddress, "get file://source/filename
> d:\destdrive\filename"

> When I run this my C: drive starts filling up.  I need it to go to the
> d: drive because my c: drive isn't big enough. (D drive has several
> gigs free, c about 400 megs)  Any ideas what's getting saved to c and
> how I can avoid this?

> I'm running vb6 on win98se; 640 megs ram

> Thanks for any help,

> Jeff

Mon, 16 Aug 2004 14:29:24 GMT

1. Using INet control for FTP

2. Using INet control for FTP

3. Help with FTP using Inet Control

4. FTP Downloading via proxy using INET control

5. Testing out the Inet Control using FTP?

6. Inet control used to ftp

7. INET Control using FTP

8. Cannot access a private Ftp using Inet control

9. Ascii File FTP Upload Using Inet Control

10. Download files via ftp and http using Inet Control in VB 6.0

11. Using the INET control for FTP transfer with lowercase letters

12. FTP using INET control