Ajeeb Behaviour!! : ActiveX DLL Registry
Author Message
 Ajeeb Behaviour!! : ActiveX DLL Registry

Scenario:
An ActiveX DLL accessing registry to get connection string in order to
connect to a database.

This DLL is being used by an ASP.

Registry values reside in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Myinfo\Somewhere

Case:
When I debug this DLL (using breakpoint and ASP call)  - it works fine. But,
during normal run, the registry values are not retrived!!!

Anyone knows why ??????????

Plz help - urgent.

SALz//

Fri, 22 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Ajeeb Behaviour!! : ActiveX DLL Registry
It might be because of the DLL not having permissions to read from the registry.

And also try and see if ther registry key u created for the DB connection has
all permissions.

Quote:

> Scenario:
> An ActiveX DLL accessing registry to get connection string in order to
> connect to a database.

> This DLL is being used by an ASP.

> Registry values reside in:
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Myinfo\Somewhere

> Case:
> When I debug this DLL (using breakpoint and ASP call)  - it works fine. But,
> during normal run, the registry values are not retrived!!!

> Anyone knows why ??????????

> Plz help - urgent.

> SALz//

Fri, 22 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Ajeeb Behaviour!! : ActiveX DLL Registry
How to set registry permissions ???

Again ...
I am using HKEY_Local_Machine\MyInfo\MyKeys for saving values.

Thanks.
reply asap.

SALz//

Quote:

>It might be because of the DLL not having permissions to read from the
registry.

>And also try and see if ther registry key u created for the DB connection
has
>all permissions.

>> Scenario:
>> An ActiveX DLL accessing registry to get connection string in order to
>> connect to a database.

>> This DLL is being used by an ASP.

>> Registry values reside in:
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Myinfo\Somewhere

>> Case:
>> When I debug this DLL (using breakpoint and ASP call)  - it works fine.
But,
>> during normal run, the registry values are not retrived!!!

>> Anyone knows why ??????????

>> Plz help - urgent.

>> SALz//

Fri, 22 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Ajeeb Behaviour!! : ActiveX DLL Registry
To check the registry permission .. I have already given joined the IUSER to
Administrators Group. But still ... its not working.

I am repeating my problem:
= I have a DLL component that is accessing registry area under
HKEY_Local_Machine\AreaX\xx
= I am call this DLL component from an ASP

- When I DEBUG that DLL component (using breakpoints) ... it works
- When I call it normally ... its not working.

Anyone plz reply .. thises urgent.

Regardz.

SALz//

Quote:

>How to set registry permissions ???

>Again ...
>I am using HKEY_Local_Machine\MyInfo\MyKeys for saving values.

>Thanks.
>reply asap.

>SALz//

>>It might be because of the DLL not having permissions to read from the
>registry.

>>And also try and see if ther registry key u created for the DB connection
>has
>>all permissions.

>>> Scenario:
>>> An ActiveX DLL accessing registry to get connection string in order to
>>> connect to a database.

>>> This DLL is being used by an ASP.

>>> Registry values reside in:
>>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Myinfo\Somewhere

>>> Case:
>>> When I debug this DLL (using breakpoint and ASP call)  - it works fine.
>But,
>>> during normal run, the registry values are not retrived!!!

>>> Anyone knows why ??????????

>>> Plz help - urgent.

>>> SALz//

Fri, 22 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Ajeeb Behaviour!! : ActiveX DLL Registry

Quote:
> To check the registry permission .. I have already given joined the IUSER
> Administrators Group. But still ... its not working.

Errr... you probably shouldn't do that!

Quote:
> I am repeating my problem:
> = I have a DLL component that is accessing registry area under
> HKEY_Local_Machine\AreaX\xx
> = I am call this DLL component from an ASP

> - When I DEBUG that DLL component (using breakpoints) ... it works
> - When I call it normally ... its not working.

Although this isn't really anything to do with this newsgroup
(microsoft.public.scripting.de{*filter*}).... can you post the source code in
the DLL?

Are you using ASSERT() macros in the debug build? Remember that anything
inside an ASSERT will *not* be executed in a release build, so if you do
something that has side-effects, you have to change your code.

Peter

--
Peter J. Torr - Microsoft Windows Script Program Manager

Please do not e-mail me with questions - post them to this
newsgroup instead. Thankyou!

Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Ajeeb Behaviour!! : ActiveX DLL Registry
The DLL is accessing registry.

Somebody told me that ... ASP can't access a DLL that is accessing registry.
Is this true ?

Plz reply ...

SALz//

Quote:

> > To check the registry permission .. I have already given joined the
IUSER
> > Administrators Group. But still ... its not working.

> Errr... you probably shouldn't do that!

> > I am repeating my problem:
> > = I have a DLL component that is accessing registry area under
> > HKEY_Local_Machine\AreaX\xx
> > = I am call this DLL component from an ASP

> > - When I DEBUG that DLL component (using breakpoints) ... it works
> > - When I call it normally ... its not working.

> Although this isn't really anything to do with this newsgroup
> (microsoft.public.scripting.de{*filter*}).... can you post the source code in
> the DLL?

> Are you using ASSERT() macros in the debug build? Remember that anything
> inside an ASSERT will *not* be executed in a release build, so if you do
> something that has side-effects, you have to change your code.

> Peter

> --
> Peter J. Torr - Microsoft Windows Script Program Manager

> Please do not e-mail me with questions - post them to this
> newsgroup instead. Thankyou!

Mon, 25 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Ajeeb Behaviour!! : ActiveX DLL Registry
I have successfully created a dll which allows the manipulation of the
registry. So It can be done.

Asmat

re.....The DLL is accessing registry.

Somebody told me that ... ASP can't access a DLL that is accessing
registry.
Is this true ?

Plz reply ...

SALz//

Sat, 02 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help to remove ActiveX dll registry key entries

2. ActiveX DLLs and the registry

3. Registry from an ActiveX DLL

4. ActiveX.exe or ActiveX DLL or ActiveX Control?????????????

5. Removing ActiveX Control and other ActiveX objects from the registry

6. ActiveX Strange Behaviour

7. Activex Document - Strange behaviour

8. ActiveX DLL, ActiveX EXE & ActiveX OCX version

9. Strange ActiveX-Exe behaviour

10. ActiveX DLL, ActiveX EXE & ActiveX OCX version

11. Inconsistent DLL Behaviour between IDE and Compiled Program

12. Erratic behaviour of VB application while calling MFC dll