Q: How to retrieve an GIF or JPG graphic image from the web
Author Message
 Q: How to retrieve an GIF or JPG graphic image from the web
I'd like to dynamically insert a GIF or JPG graphic image (with hyperlink)
into a space in my VB app via the web.

The idea is to have a "banner-ad" space in my VB application which retrieves
a new image every 5 seconds (with the Timer control).

This sorta works with the WebBrowser control when I use the Navigate method,
but it puts a whitespace margin around my image and also scroll bars.

--
Cheers!

Scott A. Keen

Wed, 28 May 2003 10:54:32 GMT
 Q: How to retrieve an GIF or JPG graphic image from the web
Why not use an Internet Control instead, downloading your graphic image to
a temp directory, then turn right around and do a loadpicture into an
Image Control. Ted

Quote:

--
On this day, the Pope St. Damasus I
http://www.e3mil.com/church_today/message.asp?message_id=&sec_id=4

Check out the <A
HREF="http://www.aracnet.com/~seebert">IDIC Home Page!</A>
Are you for equal parental rights?  Do you believe that a father is
neccessary to bring up good citizens?  Then you need to sign the <A
HREF="http://childrens-justice.org"> Children's Justice Petition</A>

Sat, 31 May 2003 04:02:25 GMT
 Q: How to retrieve an GIF or JPG graphic image from the web

Quote:
>I'd like to dynamically insert a GIF or JPG graphic image (with hyperlink)
>into a space in my VB app via the web.

>The idea is to have a "banner-ad" space in my VB application which retrieves
>a new image every 5 seconds (with the Timer control).

>This sorta works with the WebBrowser control when I use the Navigate method,
>but it puts a whitespace margin around my image and also scroll bars.

Why not use the internet transfer control with a timer and grab the
image, then save it to disk and load it into a picture box.

--
Alan Silver
Please remove the "{*filter*}ferret" if replying by e-mail

Mon, 11 Aug 2003 21:59:59 GMT

1. Q: How to retrieve an GIF or JPG graphic image from the web

2. Error loading GIF or JPG image in PictureBox or Image controls

3. gif, jpg graphics in QB4.5

4. Problems with GIF/JPG-Graphics with the Access-JetEngine in VB5.0

5. Problems with GIF/JPG-Graphics with the Access-JetEngine in VB5.0

6. PRINTING GRAPHICS (jpg and gif) WITHOUT PAINTPICTURE-METHODE

7. VB6 - Retrieving JPG, GIF and custom files from Resource DLL

8. Problems with GIF/JPG-Graphics with the Access-JetEngine in VB5.0

10. Need VBX For JPG/GIF Graphics Viewing

11. convert graphic type formats EPS to JPG, PCX to JPG, TIFF to JPG, etc

12. Storing/ReTrieving Graphic (JPG) file in database