Get HTML source code from secure web ASP page w/ frames
Author Message
 Get HTML source code from secure web ASP page w/ frames

OK I have played with this but I can not get VB to do what I want.
I need to open up a secure ASP web page that has frames.  I am displaying the pages in an app because I will have to navigate between
pages.  This will have to be accomplished by a non technical person after I have created the application.
I need to get the source code to parse out the data.  I have built an app with MS Web Browser control.  I got the control to do exactly
what I wanted physically (display) but when I try to get the source code I can not seem to get source code.  I have used this: msSource
= web1.Document.body.parentElement.outerHTML and msSource = web1.Document.body.parentElement.innerHTML.  This gives me code for the
header frame but not the same as if I were to right click and do view source.  I would rather have the all the code including the
formatting code.  I also do not know how to get the code from the different frames.  The data is in a master/child format so to dump
this into a flat file format I will need the master frame repeatedly.  I hope this helps explain what I am trying to do.  I am not
against getting a different control if there is a better on that will do what I want/need.  Any help will be appreciated, thanks.
Dalka Enterprises
www.dalka-enterprises.com

Remove _NOSPAM to e-mail

Mon, 23 May 2005 04:50:04 GMT
 Get HTML source code from secure web ASP page w/ frames
I did not mean to scare help off by saying it is secure.  I have permission and I log on the site with a sign on and password.  I
have VB and the Web Browser Control display the site and the log on page displays and  I log on.
Quote:

>OK I have played with this but I can not get VB to do what I want.
>I need to open up a secure ASP web page that has frames.  I am displaying the pages in an app because I will have to navigate between
>pages.  This will have to be accomplished by a non technical person after I have created the application.
>I need to get the source code to parse out the data.  I have built an app with MS Web Browser control.  I got the control to do exactly
>what I wanted physically (display) but when I try to get the source code I can not seem to get source code.  I have used this: msSource
>= web1.Document.body.parentElement.outerHTML and msSource = web1.Document.body.parentElement.innerHTML.  This gives me code for the
>header frame but not the same as if I were to right click and do view source.  I would rather have the all the code including the
>formatting code.  I also do not know how to get the code from the different frames.  The data is in a master/child format so to dump
>this into a flat file format I will need the master frame repeatedly.  I hope this helps explain what I am trying to do.  I am not
>against getting a different control if there is a better on that will do what I want/need.  Any help will be appreciated, thanks.
>Dalka Enterprises
>www.dalka-enterprises.com

>Remove _NOSPAM to e-mail

Tue, 24 May 2005 11:44:36 GMT

1. how to get html source from each frame on web page

2. Getting Source HTML from a Web Page

3. How to download the HTML source of a web page

4. How to download the HTML source of a web page

5. Getting Blank Report through ASP web pages

6. Chosing Frame content in a 2 framed page from a 1 framed page

7. Web Page Preview Thumbnails - Source Code

8. How can I capture url source code and post it to sql server via asp page

9. Reading web page source code in VB

10. open web page source into code

11. Q: Web page source code security

12. Source code Web pages