HOW-TO: work with ActiveX DLLs in ASP, in PWS
Author Message
 HOW-TO: work with ActiveX DLLs in ASP, in PWS

Hello,

I am developing an ActiveX DLL in VB to use it in ASP pages.
I Make the DLL, register it using regsvr32, use it, everything is ok.
But then, when I need to modify the DLL code, recompile it, I cannot replace
the file in the drive, even if I unregister it first.

I am using PWS on Win98. I tried to stop PWS, but I still cannot delete the
dll.
How do I solve it?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

Sat, 30 Oct 2004 21:56:29 GMT
 HOW-TO: work with ActiveX DLLs in ASP, in PWS
Daniel,

in your ASP pages, make certain that you destroy any instance that
references your DLL when you quit your ASP page. You may want to stop PWS
from the task list altogether.

Fortune&Glory,
Robert

Quote:
> Hello,

> I am developing an ActiveX DLL in VB to use it in ASP pages.
> I Make the DLL, register it using regsvr32, use it, everything is ok.
> But then, when I need to modify the DLL code, recompile it, I cannot
replace
> the file in the drive, even if I unregister it first.

> I am using PWS on Win98. I tried to stop PWS, but I still cannot delete
the
> dll.
> How do I solve it?

> Thanks in advance,
> Daniel

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 02:32:40 GMT

1. Building ActiveX controls that will access activex.dll running on PWS

2. Works on PWS but not on IIS (ASP)

3. ASP pages work in PWS but not in IIS

4. ASP won't work on PWS

5. Collection in ActiveX DLL (works in exe but not from ASP)

6. ActiveX DLL works from VB but not ASP

7. Why DCOM ActiveX Exe is Working and ActiveX Dll is not working

8. ActiveX dll NOT working through ASP

9. PWS 4 , VB ActiveX dll problem

10. HowTo return a recordset to ASP from the COM DLL

11. HowTo return a recordset to ASP from the COM DLL

12. HowTo return a recordset to ASP from the COM DLL