CAB file not opening
Author Message
 CAB file not opening

I have created an ActiveX EXE application in VB6 (Win98SE) and created the
CAB file using the Package and Deployment Wizard. It works fine on the
development machine (in IE5.5).
When I copy the files onto an NT4 Server and try and open the application in
IE4.1 (via Intranet) it comes up with the "Open or Save" dialog box
(although I can load it from the Server onto the development machine).
According to the MSDN Library documentation the security needs to be set to
Medium - tried that, same problem. I then set the security to Custom and
enabled all the ActiveX settings - same problem.

There's obviously a setting somewhere that's not correct.

Can anyone point me in the right direction??

Thanks.
James Organ

Sun, 04 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB5 to create cab file and extract files from cab

2. Open Cab File Programmatically

3. NOT ABLE TO CREATE CAB FILE

4. CAB files not updating on client side when VBscript is updated

5. cab files not getting installed

6. cab files not getting installed

7. PDW Cab file not signed

8. xxx.ocx does not match registry VB6 cab file package setup

9. cab files not getting installed

10. cab file not downloaded from the web browser

11. CAB files not decompressing.

12. where to get cab files from SP3 not included when download from Internet