Sending mail without using any email client !
Author Message
 Sending mail without using any email client !

Sending mail without using any email client !
Hello Everyone,

Here I'm with another query !

This time I want to send a mail using VB application, but at the same I
don't want to use any email client (not Outlook Express nor Outlook 2000).
Is it possible?
In other words if you are sending mails from ASP page, where it does not use
any of the email client, same manner I want to send mail without using any
email client.

Now, If I use MAPI, I have to have either Outlook Express or Out 2000 for
sending mail, which I don't want.

All these pains, because, the machine where my VB App will be running  does
not have any email client installed.

Is there any way?

IF some one can guide me or help me with sample code it will be a great
favor.

Anand Dhrangadharia.
Service Evaluation Concepts

Wed, 26 May 2004 05:51:20 GMT
 Sending mail without using any email client !
I won't provide you with code, because there is plenty of that on the net.
Try http://www.planet-source-code.com

Anyway, basically, your program should be an email client! You connect to a
SMTP server, send the message, and then disconnect. Just build in the
functionality into your program.

So look for SMTP sending code. There are classes that simplify things. OCXs
too.

HTH

eKstreme

--
http://www.ekstreme.com

Quote:
> Sending mail without using any email client !
> Hello Everyone,

> Here I'm with another query !

> This time I want to send a mail using VB application, but at the same I
> don't want to use any email client (not Outlook Express nor Outlook 2000).
> Is it possible?
> In other words if you are sending mails from ASP page, where it does not
use
> any of the email client, same manner I want to send mail without using any
> email client.

> Now, If I use MAPI, I have to have either Outlook Express or Out 2000 for
> sending mail, which I don't want.

> All these pains, because, the machine where my VB App will be running
does
> not have any email client installed.

> Is there any way?

> IF some one can guide me or help me with sample code it will be a great
> favor.

> Anand Dhrangadharia.
> Service Evaluation Concepts

Wed, 26 May 2004 06:02:20 GMT
 Sending mail without using any email client !
If you're running on NT Server, then when you install IIS, install the SMTP
server also, and use CDONTS.

Quote:
> Sending mail without using any email client !
> Hello Everyone,

> Here I'm with another query !

> This time I want to send a mail using VB application, but at the same I
> don't want to use any email client (not Outlook Express nor Outlook 2000).
> Is it possible?
> In other words if you are sending mails from ASP page, where it does not
use
> any of the email client, same manner I want to send mail without using any
> email client.

> Now, If I use MAPI, I have to have either Outlook Express or Out 2000 for
> sending mail, which I don't want.

> All these pains, because, the machine where my VB App will be running
does
> not have any email client installed.

> Is there any way?

> IF some one can guide me or help me with sample code it will be a great
> favor.

> Anand Dhrangadharia.
> Service Evaluation Concepts

Wed, 26 May 2004 07:11:54 GMT

1. Sending mail without using any email client !

2. Sending mail without using any email client !

3. Sending mail without using any email client !

4. Sending mail without using MS Outlook or other mail client

5. How can i open the default mail client (without sending email)

6. How to send HTML email from outlook client without using CDONTS

7. is there any way to send email through a formal without launching the email client

8. Send Simple E-Mail Message without E-Mail client

9. Send e-mail using default e-mail client

10. Sending email without client

11. Send Mail Without Leaving Message in Sent Mail

12. Send Mail using CDO or MAPI without using a profile