ActiveX Server Apps on a Web Server
Author Message
 ActiveX Server Apps on a Web Server

I have some existing VB applications, which are normal MDI and SDI
executables.  They all interface with a SQL Server 6.X or Oracle 7.X
database.  I would like to server these applications, after a conversion
process, on a web server.  What would this conversion process be?
Could it be:

1.  Recompile VB application to an ActiveX Exe.
2.  Run VB setup wizard to get list of necessary files to install.
3.  Install App on Web Server, making sure to register everything on the
server.
4.  Assign URL.
5.  Run application from IE explorer over the Internet or Intranet.

Is this process right?  I can't get it to work.  Does something special need
to be downloaded to the client in order to run ActiveX Exe Apps?  WHY WONT
THIS WORK!!!!

Sat, 12 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. DHTML/SQL Server app works fine internally, not on web server

2. How to handle non web server apps and ActiveX

3. .Net Web Apps Servers

4. Building, Deploying Web App for Mac OS X server

5. Using SQL Server Application Roles in a VB.NET web app

6. cli/serv web app - using server to connect to db

7. Running a VB 3.0 app under web server?

8. ASP works on Personal Web Server, but not on remote server

9. Server side pages on Personal Web Server

10. Upgrade COM + App on Web Server

11. VB Desktop Application Accessing SQL Server on Web Server

12. Web-enabling client/server app