set an activex dll for download/installation
Author Message
 set an activex dll for download/installation

Hi
I have this DLL that draws a barcode on my page. It works fine on my
computer that already has this DLL installed. I would like to know how the
user could download this Activex DLL automatically accessing my Inet
server?.
Is this works for netscape?
Thanks in advance

Thu, 21 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 set an activex dll for download/installation
Sounds like you may want to look up client side ActiveX controls. You can
use VB IDE to create Internet distributable cab which you will reference in
your html. The user will have to have IE 3.02 or greater. The ActiveX
component will be automagically downloaded to the user's box and installed.
Similar to Java applet but ActiveX only downloads first time user uses it or
if component has changed.

--
"The opinions expressed herein are mine and not my employer".

Mike Kleiman
Web Application Developer
Lucent Technologies
(407) 812-5307

Quote:

>Hi
>I have this DLL that draws a barcode on my page. It works fine on my
>computer that already has this DLL installed. I would like to know how the
>user could download this Activex DLL automatically accessing my Inet
>server?.
>Is this works for netscape?
>Thanks in advance

Fri, 22 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. activeX won't download, even though security set to low

2. Dynamically set an activex dll as child of MDI parent

3. Setting the DLL Base Address on ActiveX component

4. VB6 Internal DLL Variable can not be set to external activex control in IE

5. ActiveX DLL / API Call Problems - Desperation Sets In!

6. ActiveX Documents containing ActiveX Components - Internet download problem

7. ActiveX DLL / API Call Problems - Desperation Sets In!

8. Setting ActiveX DLL form as MDI form

9. Dynamically set an activex dll as child of MDI parent

10. Code Download Error log: Internet Installation Fail on .ocx:

11. Installation File and Cab download

12. Code Download Error log: Internet Installation Fail on .ocx: