Unload ActiveX-DLL from memory
Author Message
 Unload ActiveX-DLL from memory

Hi,

does anybody knows why my ActiveX-DLL does't unload from memory.

I've written a little ActiveX-DLL in VB6 to use as COM Object in an ASP.

Compiling, linking and registering in the registry works fine.
When I test the ASP the DLL ist loaded in the memory. I close the IE and
the DLL remains in memory. I can't make changes in VB6 and make the DLL
again.. I get the message "Permission denied".
Shut down and restart the IIS will help, but isn't very useful.

Can anybody help me?

Mikel

Mon, 21 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Unload ActiveX-DLL from memory
Mike,

Everyone has this problem, and the usual answer is to get into the habit of
1) stopping the IIS Admin service (which will also stop the WWW Service)
2) recompile your DLL
3) start the WWW service (which will re-start the IIS Admin service)

Two other choices are to
1)use another VB project (Standard EXE) in a project group with your ActiveX
DLL and develop your DLL as much as possible within VB itself.
2) set the following registry key to force the server to release ALL DLL's
immediately. This will damage performance, but save you the hassle of
stopping and starting services all the time

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
  /SYSTEM
    /CurrentControlSet
      /Services
        /W3SVC
          /Parameters
            /CacheExtensions=0

Hope this helps,

James Ross

Quote:

>Hi,

>does anybody knows why my ActiveX-DLL does't unload from memory.

>I've written a little ActiveX-DLL in VB6 to use as COM Object in an ASP.

>Compiling, linking and registering in the registry works fine.
>When I test the ASP the DLL ist loaded in the memory. I close the IE and
>the DLL remains in memory. I can't make changes in VB6 and make the DLL
>again.. I get the message "Permission denied".
>Shut down and restart the IIS will help, but isn't very useful.

>Can anybody help me?

>Mikel

Sun, 03 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Unloading an Activex dll from Memory....

2. ActiveX EXE Not Unloading from memory

3. Unloading .DLLs from memory

4. Unloading .DLLs from memory

5. Unload .DLL file from memory

6. Unload dll from memory

7. Unload COM Dll From Memory

8. How can I unload an DLL of memory ?

10. Unload 16bits dll from memory in 32bits system

11. Unload a DLL/Task from memory

12. Unload a DLL/Task from memory