Used Winsocks download file via ftp
Author Message
 Used Winsocks download file via ftp

Hi
      I'm want to write ftp application via VB5 and I used Winsock control.
Now I can connect to server and Change Directory. I want to know what
command ? to get file from server Or How to write code in VB for get file
from server.

Regard

Jikko

Sat, 30 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Used Winsocks download file via ftp
Hello Jikko,

Good, All the Best. I would recommed that you get hold of a copy of RFC959
(ftp) and look for
other RFC that describes ftp protocol. You can also get this good book
"Internet Programming with
Visual Basic 4.0" by Karl Franklin (this book describes the responses and
commands and has
example of ftp too and a all of the RFC) so pretty much handy information.

RETR is the command to get the file if i remeber correctly,it might be using
PASV or the other (jsut slipped off the brain) so its better to go by RFC and
the above book will help you too.

Hope this helps,
All the Best.

Sat, 30 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Download files via ftp and http using Inet Control in VB 6.0

2. FTP Downloading via proxy using INET control

3. Downloading file from internet via http/ftp

4. Download some Files via FTP

5. Download File via FTP/HTTP and other questions

6. How to download via login/password a binary using winsock and HTTP

7. Using VB5.0 Enterprise to download File from FTP and HTTP

8. Downloading File using FTP

9. Downloading file using Internet Transfer Control (not FTP server)

10. Downloading file using Internet Transfer Control (not FTP server)

11. Using winsock to download files?

12. change file attribute using CHMOD via FTP