ActiveX-objects (OCX) and signing (certificate)
Author Message
 ActiveX-objects (OCX) and signing (certificate)

Hi.

I'm developing an OCX for our intranet. It is used on a webpage. But I have
a problem, because everytime you call the webpage, you have to say YES to a
dialog regarding activex-security. I won't mess with our security in IE, but
isn't there a way to digital sign a OCX-file without buying a certificate
fra Verisign etc.

Best regards
Rasmus Foged

Thu, 24 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ActiveX-objects (OCX) and signing (certificate)
Yes, you can. You must pay to Verisign  or other Certification Authority
that the browser of the client has.

Saludos.

Quote:
> Hi.

> I'm developing an OCX for our intranet. It is used on a webpage. But I
have
> a problem, because everytime you call the webpage, you have to say YES to
> dialog regarding activex-security. I won't mess with our security in IE,
but
> isn't there a way to digital sign a OCX-file without buying a certificate
> fra Verisign etc.

> Best regards
> Rasmus Foged

Fri, 25 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ActiveX-objects (OCX) and signing (certificate)
Is wrote - WITHOUT BUYING A CERTIFICATE (from Vergisign)

Quote:
> Yes, you can. You must pay to Verisign  or other Certification Authority
> that the browser of the client has.

> Saludos.

> > Hi.

> > I'm developing an OCX for our intranet. It is used on a webpage. But I
> have
> > a problem, because everytime you call the webpage, you have to say YES
> > dialog regarding activex-security. I won't mess with our security in IE,
> but
> > isn't there a way to digital sign a OCX-file without buying a
certificate
> > fra Verisign etc.

> > Best regards
> > Rasmus Foged

Fri, 25 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ActiveX-objects (OCX) and signing (certificate)

2. Certificate Server, Certificates & Word 2000 Macro Signing

3. Setting Digital Signature Signing Certificate programmatically

4. Signing CAB with Verisign Commerical Certificate?

5. cryptoAPI - creating self-signed certificates with VB6

6. How to code sign Office documents with Verisign SPC code-signing certificate?

7. OCX with certificate

8. ActiveX and certificate

9. ActiveX DLL, ActiveX EXE & ActiveX OCX version

10. ActiveX DLL, ActiveX EXE & ActiveX OCX version

11. problems with deploying signed ocx control on the web

12. Browser does nto recognize signed OCX