How to implement vb prg to receive mail from newgroup
Author Message
 How to implement vb prg to receive mail from newgroup

hi
i know how to use "mapisection"  and "mapimessages" activeX control to send
or receive mail
but ... I need to reveive and filter some mail from newsgroup into database
how do i beginning

TKS!

Sun, 04 May 2003 09:14:26 GMT
 How to implement vb prg to receive mail from newgroup

Quote:
>i know how to use "mapisection"  and "mapimessages" activeX control to send
>or receive mail
>but ... I need to reveive and filter some mail from newsgroup into database
>how do i beginning

If you want to code everything, then first read up on using the
Winsock control for TCP communications.  This information is in MSDN.
Then, read the Request For Comments (RFC) 977 document (which can be
found at [ http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/htbin/rfc/rfc977.html ] among
many other places).  RFC 977 describes the Network News Transfer
Protocol (NNTP) which you will need to use to interface with your news
server (NNTP server) and download the softwares.

If you're looking for a control specific for NNTP we have one as part
of our commercial SocketTools package. We also include a sample NEWS
which uses the NNTP control in a simple news client. You can download
SocketTools from our website at http://www.catalyst.com.

David

Fri, 16 May 2003 10:12:19 GMT

1. dos-basic-prg to linux-basic-prg

2. Open default mail prg

3. How:Use VB Receive Mail from Newsgroup

4. Q: Receiving E-Mail with VB and Winsock Control

5. How to receive mail from newsgroup by VB

6. Need simple way to send and receive mail with VB

7. receiving mail in VB 5

8. How to send and receive mail using VB.

9. Programming Outlook in VB - sending and receiving mail

10. I need a rutine to receive a mail with VB

11. VB subjects in a NewGroup