Winsock probs
Author Message
 Winsock probs

I'm trying to get winsock running from within a DLL and was declaring it for
use within a class as:

Private WithEvents wsck As MSWinsockLib.Winsock

Any time I test my code, however, all I get is "430 - Object does not
support automation or does not support expected interface". Stepping through
I get the Class_Init firing correctly, but then it just skips straight onto
Terminate and I get the error. I've spent god knows how long thinking it was
something I made a mess of and trying to figure it out. Then I found some
sample code on the net which was doing pretty much the same thing as i've
been trying to achieve. Using this, which should work, I get exactly the
same error and exactly the same symptoms. I'm guessing the config on my
machine must be messed up, but don't even know where to start looking.

One other thing, which may or may not be related is that i'm unable to set a
reference to mswsock.dll, I get "Can't add a reference to the specified
file". Even though it's not referenced it's definitely available in my app.
e.g. VB is aware of it in autolistmembers. Also, i'm getting exactly the
same symptoms on my laptop, so if i've got a screwed up config, i've managed
to get it on two PC's :/

TIA

Daniel

Mon, 16 May 2005 18:19:07 GMT

1. Dll & Winsock Probs...

2. Probs, probs, probs...

3. WinSock API probs, .sin_addr filling, please help!

4. Probs with receiving multiple emails with VB50 winsock control

5. WINSOCK Recv Probs

6. Winsock and For Loops ? Probs...

7. shell function probs

8. adp, currentDB and VBA probs

9. Form VBA compile probs in Access 2000

10. More probs with ComboBoxes

11. Large Record volume -- lockup probs?

12. probs using print # garbled ascii rubish