use IE4 control in non-IE4 computer
Author Message
 use IE4 control in non-IE4 computer

I wrote a web browser by using he IE4 internet Control
After I package it and setup in other Non IE4 computer
it can't run the program after I setup.
And I think it is the problem of the "Shdocvw.dll" file
so I try put this file in my package and setup in other computer

then it said There is an error when windows registering the Shdocvw.dll.

can any one help me?

Sat, 25 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 use IE4 control in non-IE4 computer

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 use IE4 control in non-IE4 computer
For a start see Knowledge Base Article ID: Q185375
    HOWTO: Create a Single EXE Install of Internet Explorer
at
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q185/3/75.asp

I haven't needed to try it, but it looks challenging! Good luck!

Barry Evans
Canberra, Australia
----------------------------

I wrote a web browser by using he IE4 internet Control
After I package it and setup in other Non IE4 computer
it can't run the program after I setup.
And I think it is the problem of the "Shdocvw.dll" file
so I try put this file in my package and setup in other computer

then it said There is an error when windows registering the Shdocvw.dll.

can any one help me?

Sun, 26 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 use IE4 control in non-IE4 computer

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 use IE4 control in non-IE4 computer
I got the same Problem,
if u can solve this problem pls email to me..
Thanks.

Regards
{*filter*}ie

Quote:

> I wrote a web browser by using he IE4 internet Control
> After I package it and setup in other Non IE4 computer
> it can't run the program after I setup.
> And I think it is the problem of the "Shdocvw.dll" file
> so I try put this file in my package and setup in other computer

> then it said There is an error when windows registering the Shdocvw.dll.

> can any one help me?

Tue, 04 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 use IE4 control in non-IE4 computer

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 use IE4 control in non-IE4 computer
For a start see Knowledge Base Article ID: Q185375
    HOWTO: Create a Single EXE Install of Internet Explorer
at
    http://www.*-*-*.com/

I haven't needed to try it, but it looks challenging! Unless you have a
compelling reason NOT to install IE 4.01, I suggest it is not worth the
trouble and potential complications.

Barry Evans
Canberra, Australia
----------------------------

The WebBrowser Control is installed with Internet Explorer browser and in
fact provides much of its functionality through SHDocVw.dll, MSHTML.dll,
etc.

I believe there is a Knowledge Base article which explains how to install
the minimum for distribution purposes but unless you have a compelling
reason NOT to install IE 4.01, I suggest it is not worth the trouble and
potential complications.

Barry Evans
Canberra, Australia
----------------------------

KB Q185375 - HOWTO: Create a Single EXE Install of Internet Explorer

"Excerpt from this page: Applications that use WinInet, URL Monikers, the
Web Browser Control, or any other Internet Explorer 4.0 technology require
at least the minimal install of Internet Explorer 4.0 on users' systems in
order to work correctly. The Internet Explorer Ad..."

http://www.*-*-*.com/

----------------------------

I got the same Problem,
if u can solve this problem pls email to me..
Thanks.

Regards
{*filter*}ie

Quote:

> I wrote a web browser by using he IE4 internet Control
> After I package it and setup in other Non IE4 computer
> it can't run the program after I setup.
> And I think it is the problem of the "Shdocvw.dll" file
> so I try put this file in my package and setup in other computer

> then it said There is an error when windows registering the Shdocvw.dll.

> can any one help me?

Wed, 05 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. use IE4 Internet control in non-IE4 computer

2. IE4.0 and IE4.01SP1

3. ActiveX Control Crashes When Using Classes in IE4

4. Reporting using IE4 and the web control for VB

5. Using the IE3 WebBrowser control with IE4 installed

6. Using ActiveX controls in IE4.0

7. Controlling the IE4 Browser control size

8. richtext control will not work with ie4.0 how do I get ie4.0 to acknowledge the control

9. setting print option in IE4 using script

10. Help with Using IE4.0 in shell

11. Can I check for mimetype support using VBScript or Javascript in IE4+