Telnet Problems
Author Message
 Telnet Problems

Hey all,

I am trying to make a telnet application.  I can connect to the server on
the right port (using the winsock control) and i have all data winsock
recives forwarded into a text box.  When I connect and get stange
charectors: ??`?? or something like that.  (It is the same everytime.)  Any
ideas on what I should do so that I can see normal text (if thats what this
is) or what my next step should be?

-Rew

Thu, 17 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Telnet Problems
The anwser is so simple your gonna hit your self on the forehaed when you
hear this. Just declare the varable you use to get the waiting text. Lets
say your using a varable called TEMP to retrieve the data. Just make the
firs line of the sub procesure 'Dim TEMP As String' and that should solve
your problem.
--
_____________________________________

C. M. Ingram

Quote:
> Hey all,

> I am trying to make a telnet application.  I can connect to the server on
> the right port (using the winsock control) and i have all data winsock
> recives forwarded into a text box.  When I connect and get stange
> charectors: ??`?? or something like that.  (It is the same everytime.)
Any
> ideas on what I should do so that I can see normal text (if thats what
this
> is) or what my next step should be?

> -Rew

Fri, 18 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual Basic Telnet problem

2. Winsock / Telnet Problem

3. Winsock control +Telnet problem

4. Problem with my VB.NET telnet client

5. Problems getting Telnet to work under winsock (VB)

6. Problem using telnet with winsock

7. telnet app problem in VB

8. Problems with winsock control for telnet

9. Problem with my VB.NET telnet client

10. Winsock Problem with telnet?

11. telnet connection from access:

12. telnet window