Generating an EXE with components?
Author Message
 Generating an EXE with components?

Hi,

I am using an external component in my VB application, and it is
working. But I want to generate a standard exe and make it such
that it can execute on computers that do not have VB installed.

I tried it, and it doesnt work. What are the options available
to me to include the files required for the 3rd party component?

Thanks
Ben

* Sent from RemarQ http://www.*-*-*.com/ The Internet's Discussion Network *

Mon, 14 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Generating an EXE with components?
With VB6, under the "Add-Ins" menu select "Add-In Mangager" select "Package
and Deployment Wizard" so that it is "Loaded". Then under "Add-Ins" menu
select "Package and Deployment Wizard"

--
Dudley Mills,
30 Hutchison Crescent,

Quote:
> Hi,

> I am using an external component in my VB application, and it is
> working. But I want to generate a standard exe and make it such
> that it can execute on computers that do not have VB installed.

> I tried it, and it doesnt work. What are the options available
> to me to include the files required for the 3rd party component?

> Thanks
> Ben

*

Tue, 15 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB6 - SP5 exe generates drWatson during OLE communication with VB6 - SP3 exe

2. Get text values for externally generated components

3. What does components do in the generated code?

4. Winsock : unable to generate ActiveX-component

5. Auto-generating documentation for a COM component

6. Recommend a Component or Service for generating maps like Mapquest.com

7. Recommend a Component or Service for generating maps like Mapquest.com

8. Recommend a Component or Service for generating maps like Mapquest.com

9. NEWBIE: Interface of MTS Component - How do I generate an the Interface Information

10. msaccess.exe has generated errors

11. Generate single setup.exe file for download ?

12. How to handle event generate by exe ActiveX