How to create submenus at runtime in VB5 ???
Author Message
 How to create submenus at runtime in VB5 ???

I want to do something like the Netscape Communicator's Bookmarks or the
Microsoft Internet Explorer's Favorites, but I have a problem I don't know
how to solve: creating submenus at runtime.

I know how to add menu controls in an array at runtime, using the Load
statement,
but what I want is to have submenus under these menus (to create the
folders) and I can't seem to find out how to do it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-- Luis Costa, from Portugal

Sun, 07 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to create submenus at runtime in VB5 ???

Here's my reply to an earlier post:

Without some fancy footwork, you can only extend existing VB menus in the
documented way (by using control arrays.)  The reason for this is that the
event
handlers for them have to be created at design time.  On the other hand, I've
seen two custom controls that purport to support dynamic menu creation.  Here
are the websites:

Commercial
http://www.datadynamics.com/download/download.htm
(http://www.datadynamics.com)

Freeware or Shareware (I forget which)
http://www.ZoneCorp.com/VB5/

Hope this helps.  Actually, if you do evalute these products, I'd be
interested
in hearing your opinions.

Tom

Quote:

> I want to do something like the Netscape Communicator's Bookmarks or the
> Microsoft Internet Explorer's Favorites, but I have a problem I don't know
> how to solve: creating submenus at runtime.

> I know how to add menu controls in an array at runtime, using the Load
> statement,
> but what I want is to have submenus under these menus (to create the
> folders) and I can't seem to find out how to do it.

> Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

> -- Luis Costa, from Portugal

Sun, 07 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to create submenus at runtime in VB5 ???

2. How to create submenus at runtime on VB5 ???

3. How to create submenus at runtime on VB5 ???

4. Create submenus at runtime...

5. Creating submenus at runtime???

6. Help: how to create submenus at runtime ?

7. Create submenus at runtime...

8. Creating submenus at runtime???

9. Menus, submenus, & sub-submenus in realtime code

10. Adding submenus at runtime

11. Adding submenus at Runtime?

12. Building Menu Items with Submenus through Code at RunTime