HTTP but no FTP using Internet transfer control
Author Message
 HTTP but no FTP using Internet transfer control

Help PLEASE!
I'm trying to dowload a file using OpenURL()

It will let me connect to HTTP but I get a timeout on any FTP URL, even
local (intranet) FTP sites.  What could I be doing wrong?  Here is the code:
Option Explicit
Dim strURL As String
Dim strFile As String

Private Sub cmdExit_Click()
    End
End Sub

Private Sub cmdRun_Click()
Text2.Text = strURL
Label1.Caption = Inet1.ResponseInfo
Text1.Text = Inet1.OpenURL(strURL)

End Sub

Private Sub cmdStop_Click()

Inet1.Cancel

End Sub

Private Sub Form_Load()

Inet1.AccessType = icDirect
Inet1.Protocol = icFTP

'strFile = "JI" & Format(Now() - 1, "mm" & "dd" & "0") & ".csv"
strURL = "ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/disclaimer.txt"

'" http://www.*-*-*.com/ "

End Sub

TIA

Ron

Sun, 24 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HTTP but no FTP using Internet transfer control
I'm CERTAINLY no expert at this but I had the same problem until I specified
a FTP proxy and port in my internet connection advanced settings. Then it
worked OK.

Quote:

-

> TIA

> Ron

Mon, 01 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB 6:- Retrieve Dir contents using Internet Transfer Control and HTTP

2. File upload using Internet Transfer Control and HTTP PUT

3. File upload using Internet Transfer Control and HTTP PUT

4. HTTP file upload using Internet transfer control

5. Problem using GetChunk to track progress of FTP GET w/Internet Transfer Control

6. FTP status using internet transfer control

7. Failing FTP to MVS system using Internet Transfer Control

8. Failing FTP to MVS system using Internet Transfer Control

9. Using the internet transfer control for ftp...

10. FTP using Internet Transfer Control

11. ftp appication using the Internet transfer control

12. Failing FTP to MVS system using Internet Transfer Control