Reading the Source of an HTML page that requires a post command
Author Message
 Reading the Source of an HTML page that requires a post command

I have a web page I need to get data out of.  My Login info is required to
be sent in thru a post.  I tried using the Inet control but it will only
allow for a get.  I then tried using the Web Browser control but it won't
allow me to access the source.  Does anyone have any type of solution for
this problem?  Thank you so much.

Sun, 22 May 2005 09:02:29 GMT
 Reading the Source of an HTML page that requires a post command
Try using the winsock control.  When you post data to a webpage it sends the
data just like this:

POST / HTTP/1.1
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg,
application/vnd.ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword,
application/x-gsarcade-launch, */*
Connection: Keep-Alive
Cache-Control: no-cache

Username=YOURNAME&PASSWORD=TESTING

Bryan Martin

Quote:
> I have a web page I need to get data out of.  My Login info is required to
> be sent in thru a post.  I tried using the Inet control but it will only
> allow for a get.  I then tried using the Web Browser control but it won't
> allow me to access the source.  Does anyone have any type of solution for
> this problem?  Thank you so much.

Sun, 22 May 2005 11:07:48 GMT
 Reading the Source of an HTML page that requires a post command
I have been looking at the WinSock control but I can't get any webserver to
return information.  I connect just fine and have tested that fact but when
I send a "GET", nothing ever comes back.  Can someone give me an example on
hot to use the SendData property so that it will return the source of a web
page?  Is there a structure defined in a document out there?  I'm sorry.
Totally new to winsock.

Quote:
> Try using the winsock control.  When you post data to a webpage it sends
the
> data just like this:

> POST / HTTP/1.1
> Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg,
> application/vnd.ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint,
application/msword,
> application/x-gsarcade-launch, */*
> Connection: Keep-Alive
> Cache-Control: no-cache

> Username=YOURNAME&PASSWORD=TESTING

> Bryan Martin

> > I have a web page I need to get data out of.  My Login info is required
> > be sent in thru a post.  I tried using the Inet control but it will only
> > allow for a get.  I then tried using the Web Browser control but it
won't
> > allow me to access the source.  Does anyone have any type of solution
for
> > this problem?  Thank you so much.

Tue, 24 May 2005 06:48:27 GMT

1. Read source of HTML-page into a text file via VBScript

2. Read source of HTML-page into a text file via VBScript

3. VBScript Accessing HTML Source on Protected HTML Page

4. Object required error (posted w/html)

5. Retrieving HTML Source - Final post

6. How can I capture url source code and post it to sql server via asp page

7. Posting data from html pages automatically

8. Posting a form in an html page

9. view HTML page source in browser - vbscript method?

10. How to download the HTML source of a web page

11. source text of HTML page

12. Getting Source HTML from a Web Page