Winsock Programming with VB5
Author Message
 Winsock Programming with VB5

I need some info on winsock programming in VB5. I need it specially to help
me create an FTP Client application.

I've Tried using the Winsock Control in VB5 but  there's no specs on
receiving Information about the server files, directories,  file attributes
and many more things. If you could give me a link to some good VB Winsock
Programming info I would really appreciate it.

I need to know too how to use winsock control or winsock API to format this
kind of info:

220 ftp Microsoft FTP Service (Version 3.0).
USER anonymous

331 Anonymous access allowed, send identity (e-mail name) as password.

230-This is FTP.MICROSOFT.COM
230-Please see the dirmap.txt file for
230-more information. An alternate
230-location for Windows NT Service
230-Packs is located at:
230-ftp://198.105.232.37/fixes/
230 Anonymous user logged in.
CWD /bussys/

250 CWD command successful.
pwd

257 "/bussys" is current directory.
TYPE A

200 Type set to A.
PORT 209,20,0,1,6,248

200 PORT command successful.
LIST

150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.
Data Connection opened.
226 Transfer complete.
Data Connection closed

Thanks in advance
MC Saunders

Fri, 22 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Winsock Programming with VB5
Hey
when i was in VB3 i used the carraige return for my ftp server.  it worked
quite well
Hope that will help a bit
Mike

Sat, 23 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Winsock Programming with VB5
On Mon, 4 Jan 1999 03:56:23 -0800, "Mykone News Settings"

Quote:

>I need some info on winsock programming in VB5. I need it specially to help
>me create an FTP Client application.

You can download the RFC for FTP from:

http://andrew2.andrew.cmu.edu/rfc/rfc959.html

RFCs can be difficult to read because they're really absent any
implementation detail (which is appropriate when describing a platform
independent protocol). If you're looking to write the actual FTP
client code yourself then download a copy of our free SocketWrench
package.

It includes a sample called SWFTP which implements the basics (i.e.:
connecting, logging in, sending and receiving files). The sample,
along with the RFC, should give you a good idea of how the protocol
actually works.

If you're looking for a control specific for FTP (and not limited to
VB5) we have one as part of our commercial SocketTools package. You
can download either package from our website at
http://www.catalyst.com.

----

Catalyst Development Corporation          Web:   http://www.catalyst.com

Mon, 25 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Winsock Programming with VB5

released from his or her padded cell long enough to post the following
message:

On Mon, 4 Jan 1999 03:56:23 -0800, "Mykone News Settings"

%>I need some info on winsock programming in VB5. I need it specially to help
%>me create an FTP Client application.

<<snip>>

%>If you're looking for a control specific for FTP (and not limited to
%>VB5) we have one as part of our commercial SocketTools package. You
%>can download either package from our website at
%>http://www.catalyst.com.

I wouldn't bother downloading the SocketTools package. In my opinion, it
is by far one of the -most- worthless ActiveX control suites that I have
ever seen or used.

If it's not the lack of good, solid documentation it's the sloppy samples
which are virtually lacking all reference comments. If it's not either of
those (which it will be), it's the seriously inept support assistance from
the tech crew. Not only do they not know what they are doing, but they
have the tendency of be condescending towards what could have been future
customers.

But I digress. If you want some good ActiveX controls, head on over to
http://www.dart.com and download their evaluation package. Not only do
they work, but they are cheaper than SocketTools.

Good day.

Mon, 25 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Winsock Programming with VB5
Darts Products look cool, but that $40.00 per license kinda stings.

Robert

Quote:
>But I digress. If you want some good ActiveX controls, head on over to
>http://www.dart.com and download their evaluation package. Not only do
>they work, but they are cheaper than SocketTools.

>Good day.

Mon, 25 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Winsock Programming with VB5

Quote:

>Darts Products look cool, but that $40.00 per license kinda stings.

Ah, then you might like to check out www.mabry.com.

Fri, 29 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Winsock Programming with VB5

2. Winsock Programming with VB5

3. Winsock Programming with VB5

4. Wanted: VB5 Programming Partner for Winsock Apps

5. Looking for a VB5 Programming Partner for Winsock Apps

6. Programming MIME or SMTP with winsock in VB5.0

7. Programming Winsock Directly using VB5

8. Winsock.bas (pure Winsock API programming)

9. Winsock.bas (pure Winsock API programming)

10. Running VB5 programs from CD without using a setup program

11. how to creat a program group/icons in start/programs in VB5

12. VB5 Pro & VB6 Ent Kill VB5 Programs