order of events, ActiveX Document - newbie
Author Message
 order of events, ActiveX Document - newbie

I'm experimenting with an ActiveX document written in VB5, testing it
locally in IE 4.01. My understanding of the order of events for the
document as it is accessed and then moved away from in the browser is:

Initialize
Init Properties(maybe)
Show(x number of times)
++++++
Hide(x number of times)
Terminate

However, in my case, when navigating away from the document, the
**Initialize** event fires immediately before the Terminate event. This
is problematic because I want code to run when the document loads for
the first time, but not when it's closing. Is there something I'm doing
wrong, am I my misunderstanding the order of events, or what?

Thanks for your help.

- Tony

Tony Scilipoti
****************

617-732-8284
Systems Analyst, Dep't. of Surgery
Brigham & Women's Hospital

Mon, 01 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 order of events, ActiveX Document - newbie
Ignore the Init/term events. Microsoft has a kb article that describes it in
more detail but you should only use the show and hide events.

Tom

Quote:

>I'm experimenting with an ActiveX document written in VB5, testing it
>locally in IE 4.01. My understanding of the order of events for the
>document as it is accessed and then moved away from in the browser is:

>Initialize
>Init Properties(maybe)
>Show(x number of times)
>++++++
>Hide(x number of times)
>Terminate

>However, in my case, when navigating away from the document, the
>**Initialize** event fires immediately before the Terminate event. This
>is problematic because I want code to run when the document loads for
>the first time, but not when it's closing. Is there something I'm doing
>wrong, am I my misunderstanding the order of events, or what?

>Thanks for your help.

>- Tony

>Tony Scilipoti
>****************

>617-732-8284
>Systems Analyst, Dep't. of Surgery
>Brigham & Women's Hospital

Mon, 01 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. order of events, ActiveX Document - newbie

2. Activex Document Newbie

3. Newbie - ActiveX documents not terminating

4. newbie ? in ActiveX Document

5. ActiveX Document Initialize Event

6. ActiveX document in explorer bar to capture events

7. KeyPress Event on ActiveX document

8. Help: Events on ActiveX documents: WebBrowser control: WithEvents

9. ActiveX Documents and the Terminate Event

10. ActiveX Document Events In IE Explorer are Different?

11. sizing an Activex Document to the document size in IE

12. Display a VBD file from an ActiveX Document Server DLL in a HTML Document