Any tuts or examples for using UDP with Winsock control?
Author Message
 Any tuts or examples for using UDP with Winsock control?

Hi there

I'm writing a VB5 app using the winsock control to transmit using UDP and
find the documentation and online help of little help.

Does anyone have any tuts or examples using UDP protocol with the winsock
control?

David

Thu, 17 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Any tuts or examples for using UDP with Winsock control?

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Any tuts or examples for using UDP with Winsock control?

Quote:

> Hi there

> I'm writing a VB5 app using the winsock control to transmit using UDP and
> find the documentation and online help of little help.

> Does anyone have any tuts or examples using UDP protocol with the winsock
> control?

        You might want to take a look at the UDP control that comes with
the IP*Works package.  IP*Works has a lot of sample code and documentation
to help you build your application.  http://www.dev-soft.com/

Regards,

Eric M.

Fri, 18 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Any tuts or examples for using UDP with Winsock control?

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Any tuts or examples for using UDP with Winsock control?

Quote:
> Hi there

> I'm writing a VB5 app using the winsock control to transmit using UDP and
> find the documentation and online help of little help.

> Does anyone have any tuts or examples using UDP protocol with the winsock
> control? ...

i use 2 to talk to another pair of sockets in another program. using one
to send and the other to listen seems to work ok.

listen.LocalPort = InputPort
listen.Bind
Debug.Print "bind: "; listen.LocalHostName; "/"; listen.LocalIP; ":";
listen.LocalPort
talk.RemoteHost="192.168.0.3"
talk.RemotePort = OutputPort
talk.connect.
 'wait a while for things to settle down
.
.
.
talk.SendData ("hello")
.
.
.
Private Sub listen_DataArrival(ByVal bytesTotal As Long)
    Debug.Print "listen_DataArrival"
    Dim s As String
    listen.GetData s, vbString, 512
    Debug.Print s
End Sub
Private Sub listen_Error(ByVal Number As Integer, Description As String,
ByVal Scode As Long, ByVal source As String, ByVal HelpFile As String,
ByVal HelpContext As Long, CancelDisplay As Boolean)
    Debug.Print "listen winsock error", name, Number, Description
End Sub
Private Sub talk_DataArrival(ByVal bytesTotal As Long)
    Debug.Print "very strange:": Debug.Print "talk_DataArrival"
    Dim s As String
    listen.GetData s, vbString, 512
    Debug.Print s
End Sub
Private Sub talk_Error(ByVal Number As Integer, Description As String,
ByVal Scode As Long, ByVal source As String, ByVal HelpFile As String,
ByVal HelpContext As Long, CancelDisplay As Boolean)
    Debug.Print "talk winsock error"
End Sub

hth
--
Ray (will hack java for food) http://home.pacbell.net/rtayek/
vice chair orange county java users group http://www.ocjug.org/

Fri, 25 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Simple file transfer in UDP protocol using winsock control

2. Simple file transfer in UDP protocol using winsock control

3. Simple file transfer in UDP protocol using winsock control

4. Simple file transfer in UDP protocol using winsock control

5. Sending HEX over UDP/TCP using Winsock.

6. Retrieving the byte array using udp(winsock)

7. Winsock problem using UDP - Cannot communicate in LAN

8. UDP vs. TCP using Microsoft Winsock

9. UDP broadcast using winsock api

10. Winsock between 2 computer in LAN using computername and UDP protocol

11. Using Winsock to monitor a UDP connection

12. Winsock Control - UDP