VB6.0 ITC problem!
Author Message
 VB6.0 ITC problem!

I wrote a small app using Visual Studio 6.0 Internet Transfer Control on Win
NT4.0 and Win2000 Professional RC2.! ITC doesn't work at all. Got error
message "Error# 35761 - Request Timed out" all the time! I switched to a
Win98 with VB5.0 and the ITC there worked perfectly! I upgraded VB6.0 to SP3
on Win NT but no avail! Is there any problem with VB6.0's ITC that you've
experienced?
Any response is greatly appreciated!

Sat, 20 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6.0 ITC problem!
Add this your code if you not haven't that
Inet1.RequestTimeout = 60

- Jani

Quote:

>I wrote a small app using Visual Studio 6.0 Internet Transfer Control on
Win
>NT4.0 and Win2000 Professional RC2.! ITC doesn't work at all. Got error
>message "Error# 35761 - Request Timed out" all the time! I switched to a
>Win98 with VB5.0 and the ITC there worked perfectly! I upgraded VB6.0 to
SP3
>on Win NT but no avail! Is there any problem with VB6.0's ITC that you've
>experienced?
>Any response is greatly appreciated!

Sun, 21 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6.0 ITC problem!
Jani,
I tried that already! How come my program works with the MSIE.OCX version of
VB5.0 but not VB6.0??
Is there any fix for this?
BN

Quote:
> Add this your code if you not haven't that
> Inet1.RequestTimeout = 60

> - Jani

> >I wrote a small app using Visual Studio 6.0 Internet Transfer Control on
> Win
> >NT4.0 and Win2000 Professional RC2.! ITC doesn't work at all. Got error
> >message "Error# 35761 - Request Timed out" all the time! I switched to a
> >Win98 with VB5.0 and the ITC there worked perfectly! I upgraded VB6.0 to
> SP3
> >on Win NT but no avail! Is there any problem with VB6.0's ITC that you've
> >experienced?
> >Any response is greatly appreciated!

Sun, 21 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6.0 ITC problem!
I'm using MsInet.ocx ver.6.00 in VB5 and that working well. What Iexplorer
version you have in NT4, Win2000, and Win98.

Can you send example code in here or e-mail

- Jani

Quote:

>Jani,
>I tried that already! How come my program works with the MSIE.OCX version
of
>VB5.0 but not VB6.0??
>Is there any fix for this?
>BN

>> Add this your code if you not haven't that
>> Inet1.RequestTimeout = 60

>> - Jani

>> >I wrote a small app using Visual Studio 6.0 Internet Transfer Control on
>> Win
>> >NT4.0 and Win2000 Professional RC2.! ITC doesn't work at all. Got error
>> >message "Error# 35761 - Request Timed out" all the time! I switched to a
>> >Win98 with VB5.0 and the ITC there worked perfectly! I upgraded VB6.0 to
>> SP3
>> >on Win NT but no avail! Is there any problem with VB6.0's ITC that
you've
>> >experienced?
>> >Any response is greatly appreciated!

Mon, 22 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6.0 ITC problem!
I use MSINET.OCX v. 6.00.8169 112KB June 23 98 - WinNT4.0 Server SP4 /
Win2000 Professional RC2. Please supply values for the variables when test
run my FTP sub
Thanks
BN

Dim strGetfile as string
Dim strUploadFile As String
dim strDownloadFile as string
Dim strFileName As String
Dim intErrNum As Long
Dim blnUpload as boolean

' Please supply value for the above variables

Private Sub cmdUpload_Click()
Dim strErrMsg As String
On Error GoTo Handle_Connection
cmdQuit.Enabled = False
Dim strURL As String

strURL = "www.myweb.com"
With Inet1
        .Protocol = icFTP
        .URL = strURL
        .UserName = "myname"
        .Password = "mypassword"
        .RequestTimeout = 60
         Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass
        .OpenURL
        Do While .StillExecuting
            DoEvents
        Loop
        Beep
        StatusBar1.Panels(1).Text = "FTP Server connected!"
        If blnUpload = True Then
            .Execute , "PUT " & strUploadFile & Chr(32) strFileName
            Do While .StillExecuting
            DoEvents
            Loop
            StatusBar1.Panels(2).Text = "Upload successful!"
            Beep
        Else

            .Execute , "GET " & strGetFile & Chr(32) & strDownloadFile
           '
            Do While .StillExecuting
                DoEvents
            Loop
            StatusBar1.Panels(2).Text = "Download successful!"
        End If
        .Cancel
        .Execute , "CLOSE"
    End With
Me.MousePointer = vbDefault
Beep
cmdQuit.Enabled = True
Handle_Connection:
Me.MousePointer = vbDefault
intErrNum = Err.Number
Select Case intErrNum
Case 0
    'strErrMsg = "File transfer successful!"
    Beep
    Exit Sub
Case 35754
    Beep
    strErrMsg = "An error has occurred! Error#: " & intErrNum & vbCrLf & _
    Err.Description & vbCrLf & _
    "Please quit program, establish the connection " & vbCrLf & _
    "with your local ISP first."
Case Else
    Beep
    strErrMsg = "An error has occurred! Error#: " & intErrNum & vbCrLf & _
    Err.Description & vbCrLf & _
    "Please contact Technical support for assistance"
End Select
MsgBox strErrMsg, vbExclamation + vbOKOnly, "Connection Error"
cmdQuit.Enabled = True
End Sub

Quote:
> I'm using MsInet.ocx ver.6.00 in VB5 and that working well. What Iexplorer
> version you have in NT4, Win2000, and Win98.

> Can you send example code in here or e-mail

> - Jani

Quote:
> >Jani,
> >I tried that already! How come my program works with the MSIE.OCX version
> of
> >VB5.0 but not VB6.0??
> >Is there any fix for this?
> >BN

> >> Add this your code if you not haven't that
> >> Inet1.RequestTimeout = 60

> >> - Jani

> >> Win
> >> SP3
> you've

Mon, 22 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Delays when using ITC in VB6

2. ITC Problems trying to FTP

3. Please Help ITC Problem

4. ITC PROBLEMS CREATING A PROXY SERVER

5. ITC with https and certificates problem

6. ITC Problem from HTML

7. VB 5.0, NT 4.0 ITC Problems

8. Win98 / ITC Problem

9. ITC/FTP UpperCase problem