how do i do this??
Author Message
 how do i do this??

ok i get a run tme erroe of 10048 "address in use" when i run a basic chat
useing winsock 5.0 when i run it one then shut it douwn then start it again
how do i fix that??

Pluse how do i put a counter into my program into the status. i hae the
counter code but how do i link it into the status??

programing using V5

Sat, 27 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 how do i do this??
Hi Bernie,

Quote:
>ok i get a run tme erroe of 10048 "address in use" when i run a basic chat
>useing winsock 5.0 when i run it one then shut it douwn then start it again
>how do i fix that??

The PORT is already in use, hence you get the Address in use error, some
program
was already listening to the port when you got this error.

Quote:
>Pluse how do i put a counter into my program into the status. i hae the
>counter code but how do i link it into the status??

Which status?? try to describe the problem inorder for us to help you
better.

hope this helps,
All the BEST.

-------
I Love Newgroup family :-)

Sat, 27 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 how do i do this??
I read in an RFC (don't remember which) that IP doesn't allow some
types of connections to reconnect w/o a delay period.  This is to keep

slow data from connection 1 from being received on connection 2.
Robert

Quote:

>ok i get a run tme erroe of 10048 "address in use" when i run a basic chat
>useing winsock 5.0 when i run it one then shut it douwn then start it again
>how do i fix that??

>Pluse how do i put a counter into my program into the status. i hae the
>counter code but how do i link it into the status??

>programing using V5

Sun, 28 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 how do i do this??
ok thank you for that informating that helped me understand it.

now is there a way to speed up the timeout??

Quote:

>ok i get a run tme erroe of 10048 "address in use" when i run a basic chat
>useing winsock 5.0 when i run it one then shut it douwn then start it again
>how do i fix that??

>Pluse how do i put a counter into my program into the status. i hae the
>counter code but how do i link it into the status??

>programing using V5

Sun, 28 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

2. Virtual volumes with VB5 - can it be done? How can it be done?

3. Help, can this be done with VB

4. Recordset: What am I doing wrong?

5. What am I doing wrong??

6. Run-time Error 3027 when doing AcExportMerge

7. What am I doing wrong?

8. Help with syntax. What am I doing wrong

9. What am I doing wrong?

10. Eliminating duplicate memo fields must be done !!!

11. What am I doing wrong?

12. Moving code from VBA to VB. Easily Done?