Create E-Mail in HTML Format
Author Message
 Create E-Mail in HTML Format

Hi!

How can I send an E-Mail in HTML format with Visual Basic 5.0?
Can I use the MAPISession and MAPIMessages contol to do this?

Stefan

Sun, 21 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Create E-Mail in HTML Format
Stefan,

The MAPI controls can't send HTML-formatted messages because they only
provide an interface to Simple MAPI.  You would need to go through
Extended MAPI, and I believe that Active Messaging and CDO can do this.

Our IDSMail component can also send HTML messages via Internet mail.
For example:

Dim idsMail as Object
Set idsMail = CreateObject("IDSMailInterface.Server")
idsMail.ObjectKey = "ABC123"
idsMail.MailSystem =IDSM_SYS_SMTP_POP
idsMail.SMTPServer = "myprovider.com"
idsMail.NewMessage

idsMail.Subject = "Meeting Agenda"
idsMail.Message = "This is the plain-text version of the message."
idsMail.AddAlternative "C:\MAIL\MYHTML.HTM"
idsMail.AddAttachment "C:\MEETINGS\AGENDA.DOC"
idsMail.Send

In the example, the HTML content is in a file called MYHTML.HTM and is
added to the message as an alternative body part.  When the message is
received, if the mail client is capable of displaying HTML, then your
HTML will be displayed.  If the mail client cannot display HTML, it will
take the plain-text form of the message (which you submitted with the
Message property) and display that instead.

For more information on IDSMail, go to http://www.intuitive-data.com

--
Regards,

Eric June
Intuitive Data Solutions

--------- We Make OLE Servers Intuitive --------------

Intuitive Data Solutions           fax: (408) 776-1267
Send/Rcv Email *EASILY* through SMTP/POP, VIM, MAPI,
MHS & VINES http://www.intuitive-data.com/idsmail.htm

Sun, 21 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Create new mail as HTML gives unspecified body format

2. Create HTML formatted mails in CDO

3. Printing list of attachments in Outlook in HTML email format

4. Send Email in HTML format

5. Send formatted HTML emails via vba

6. Help! Send email as HTML format from Excel

7. HTML emails lose formatting

8. Forcing Html email format

9. eMail in HTML Format with VB

10. sending an email in html format

11. Sending HTML formatted email - images don't get embedded

12. Sending HTML format in Email messages using SMTP prototocal