Launch default Web Browser on NT
Author Message
 Launch default Web Browser on NT

Anyone got a a tip for this:

Im doing this code below on win95/98 and work's perfectly: but on NT it's
giving Runtime Error 53 - File Not Found. (if i comment the 1 line :))

         On Error GoTo eee
                x = Shell("Start http://www.*-*-*.com/ ", vbHide)
         exit sub

         eee:
         Msgbox("You dont have a browser installed")
         end

Any Tip's?

thanks....

[ ] Always

Sat, 23 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Launch default Web Browser on NT
I use a API to do that.

' for showing Internet Browser and moving to www.tcstx.com

THIS GOES IN THE FORMS GENERAL DECLARATIONS (OR MOD OR WHATEVER)

Private Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" Alias
"ShellExecuteA" _
    (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal lpOperation As String, ByVal lpFile As
String, _
    ByVal lpParameters As String, ByVal lpDirectory As String, ByVal
nShowCmd As Long) _
    As Long

' THIS GOES IN THE EVENT
' open browser and goto www.tcstx.com
Dim iShowNormal As Integer
Dim lReturn As Long
ShowNormal = 1
lReturn = ShellExecute(hWnd, "open", "http://www.tcstx.com", vbNull, vbNull,
iShowNormal)

Hope this helps,
Robert Simmons

Quote:

>Anyone got a a tip for this:

>Im doing this code below on win95/98 and work's perfectly: but on NT it's
>giving Runtime Error 53 - File Not Found. (if i comment the 1 line :))

>         On Error GoTo eee
>                x = Shell("Start http://microsoft.com", vbHide)
>         exit sub

>         eee:
>         Msgbox("You dont have a browser installed")
>         end

>Any Tip's?

>thanks....

>[ ] Always

Sat, 23 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Launch default Web Browser on NT
My apologies,

ShowNormal = 1

Should be:

iShowNormal = 1

Sorry

Quote:

>I use a API to do that.

>' for showing Internet Browser and moving to www.tcstx.com

>THIS GOES IN THE FORMS GENERAL DECLARATIONS (OR MOD OR WHATEVER)

>Private Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" Alias
>"ShellExecuteA" _
>    (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal lpOperation As String, ByVal lpFile As
>String, _
>    ByVal lpParameters As String, ByVal lpDirectory As String, ByVal
>nShowCmd As Long) _
>    As Long

>' THIS GOES IN THE EVENT
>' open browser and goto www.tcstx.com
>Dim iShowNormal As Integer
>Dim lReturn As Long
>ShowNormal = 1
>lReturn = ShellExecute(hWnd, "open", "http://www.tcstx.com", vbNull,
vbNull,
>iShowNormal)

>Hope this helps,
>Robert Simmons

>>Anyone got a a tip for this:

>>Im doing this code below on win95/98 and work's perfectly: but on NT it's
>>giving Runtime Error 53 - File Not Found. (if i comment the 1 line :))

>>         On Error GoTo eee
>>                x = Shell("Start http://microsoft.com", vbHide)
>>         exit sub

>>         eee:
>>         Msgbox("You dont have a browser installed")
>>         end

>>Any Tip's?

>>thanks....

>>[ ] Always

Sat, 23 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Launch default Web Browser on NT
call ShellExecute(0, "open", "httl://www.microsoft.com", "", App.Path, SW_SHOW)

Sat, 23 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Launch default Web Browser on NT

2. Launching the default Web browser

3. Launching Default Web Browser to Display File

4. Launching default web browser

5. Launching default web browsers

6. Launch Default Web Browser from VB?

7. Launching the users default web browser

8. Launching the users default Web browser

9. Launching Default Web Browser

10. Launching URL in default web browser

11. How to make my web browser as a default web browser

12. HowTo: Launch default browser from Windows Control running in IE browser