check if page has changed
Author Message
 check if page has changed

Hi,

does anyone know how to find out wheter a webpage
on a foreign web server
has changed with VB ?
Static pages seem to be simple: check
lastModified, but what about dynamic
pages ?
Is it possible to parse through the document ?

Thanks for hints in advance
R. Rau

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 14 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 check if page has changed
Store the HTML in a variable somewhere. retrieve the page again and store
the contents in another variable then compare the two variables.

Tue, 15 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 check if page has changed
You could also calculte a checksum/crc on the page and compare these, since
this costs less memory.

Also some servers send an e-tag in the header, but I don't now how that
works... I think it's some kind of checksum.

--
Stephan

My site: http://www.casema.net/~dolman/s/

Get PAID to surf the web for FREE:
http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=ASB738

FREE VB Source: http://vbpoint.cjb.net/

Quote:
> Store the HTML in a variable somewhere. retrieve the page again and store
> the contents in another variable then compare the two variables.

Thu, 17 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Placing a check in a checkbox and having it add

2. Receive or Check Mail having an attachment

3. having problems lining up ....and page numbers on toc

4. Having IE4 opening a new page in full screen mode

5. VB4/16 Having Problems with Print Object on 2nd Page

6. Get paid for having a start page!

7. Having trouble changing the focus...

8. having vb 5.0 change screen resolution and color depth

9. VB4 Question: Having trouble changing .ScrollBars property

10. having excel send an outlook email message when a field is changed

11. having to pause between writing and reading changes

12. Checking space left on page