Error: Procedure Declaration Does Not Match Description of Event
Author Message
 Error: Procedure Declaration Does Not Match Description of Event

I am truying to build a custom button for Internet Explorer's toolbar and
searching the Net for help I found a proper type library, which I downloaded
and used, truying to implement the required interfaces in my project.

IObjectWithSite worked ok, but when I tried to implement IOleCommandTarget,
and even before adding any single line of code in the interface's methods
(with just the declarations in other words), I got the error message:

"Procedure Declaration Does Not Match Description of Event".

At first I thought that there is something wrong with my code but what could
be wrong with just the declarations? A quick second thought was that the
type library has the problem, but again, what could possibly be wrong in a
type library? So I turned to the Internet again and while searching various
Microsoft sites I finally discovered the Knowledge Base article Q190079
where they admit it is a bug.

I have installed Service Pack 4 for Visual Studio but the problem remains,
so I would very much appreciate any suggestions for workarounds to the
problem, as I am really stuck.

Regards,
Vasilis Siatravanis

Sat, 24 May 2003 07:34:44 GMT

1. Error: Procedure Declaration Does Not Match Description of Event

2. Error: Procedure Declaration Does Not Match Description of Event

3. Procedure declaration does not match description of event

4. Procedure declaration does not match description .....

5. HELP : Compile Error : Procedure declaration does not match description of event or...

6. HELP : Compile Error : Procedure declaration does not match description of event or...

7. Error "Procedure declaration does not match description..."

8. Procedure Decloration does not match event

9. Drag/Drop event procedure declaration error

10. Event procedure doesn't match definition

11. Procedure Declaration Error - Desperate for help???

12. Seek Nearest Match if exact match not found ?