Sending Mail without MS-Outlook 2000
Author Message
 Sending Mail without MS-Outlook 2000

Hello Veign,

already have tried this one with the result when he tries to connect to the
server he comes with the error
              error 521, 'exchange server' access denied.

So i think maybe its a configuration setting in our Exchange server, but
what?

Thanks anyway,
Leo

Quote:
> Try This;
> http://www.*-*-*.com/

> --
> Veign
> (Would like to be an MVP)
> www.veign.com
> Application Design Section
> http://www.*-*-*.com/
> ------

> > Hello, programmers

> > I'm seeking for a way in VB6 sp5, to automaticaly mailing test-results
of
> an
> > overnight testprogram (via a local  Exchange server) to a local mail
> adres.

> > There are different ways to do that.
> > Did some experimenting with (MAPI) ms Outlook 97 and that worked oke,
but
> in
> > ms Outlook2000 there is the problem of the message comming from ms
Outlook
> > that an external application want to send a mail, with the question if
he
> > may do that. (security for autovirus and so on.)
> > Have read on microsoft.com about 'Using the Outlook Security Features
> > Administrative Package', but that go's a bit over my head...

> > I have tried SMTP sending mail but i get the SMTP error 521, 'exchange
> > server' access denied
> > here is some source of it i saw on the internet:
> > it uses the Microsoft Winsock control 6.0 (sp5)

> > 'no proxy so use standard SMTP port
> > Winsock1.Connect strServer, 25

> > Winsock1.GetData strServerResponse
> >     'Get server response code (first three symbols)
> >     strResponseCode = Left(strServerResponse, 3)
> >     '
> >     'Only these three codes tell us that previous command accepted
> > successfully and we can go on
> >     '
> >     If strResponseCode = "250" Or _
> >        strResponseCode = "220" Or _
> >        strResponseCode = "354" Then

> > I think the Exchange server is not accepting connection from me, but i
> don't
> > know why.
> > Don't know where to look, or what configuration item in Exchange to
> change.

> > So the question : is there a way to auto-mail without using ms Outlook
via
> > our Exchange server (local network).

> > Hope someone can give me a hint in the right direction

> > greetings, and many thanks in advance

> > Leo van der Kallen
> > Nederland

Sat, 01 Oct 2005 22:16:45 GMT

1. Sending Mail without MS-Outlook 2000

2. Sending mail without using MS Outlook or other mail client

3. Send e-mail without Outlook or without pop up messages

4. **** Send a mailing using MS ACCESS 95 with or without MS EXCHANGE SERVER *****

5. Send mail to MS Mail instead of Outlook

6. Sending Email without Outlook 2000

7. Send Plain text mail with Outlook 2000

8. Sending an e-mail with Outlook 2000 from within Access

9. send email automatically from Filemaker via MS Outlook 2000

10. Send Mail Without Leaving Message in Sent Mail

11. Send SMTP Mail from Access without Outlook

12. Send SMTP mail (with attachments), without using Outlook