Viewing a XML dokument with corresponding XSL and CSS
Author Message
 Viewing a XML dokument with corresponding XSL and CSS

Hi.
Is there any way that I can view a XML object in the explorer without saving
the dokument to disk first.

Something like this pseudo code.

Create objXML
Set objXML = sXML

objBrowser.view objXML

I want this formatted based on the XSL and the CSS file. If I save the XML
to file along with the XSL and CSS I can view this using something like.

shell explorer.exe "c:\whatever\page.XML"

but, I want do avoid the disk traffic and handling of directories, mappings
etc.

Any ideas?

Thanx all.

-gh

Sat, 09 Jul 2005 21:24:45 GMT
 Viewing a XML dokument with corresponding XSL and CSS
I do not believe you can, but let me check into it further and let you know to be sure...

Want to know more? Check out the MSDN Library at http://msdn.microsoft.com  or the Microsoft Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com

Scot Rose, MCSD
Microsoft Visual Basic Developer Support

This posting is provided AS IS, with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sat, 09 Jul 2005 23:44:31 GMT
 Viewing a XML dokument with corresponding XSL and CSS
Doing a Response.write domObject.xml or a domObject.save Response in an ASP can be used to display the XML constructed in memory in IE without saving
to disk. You will need to set the Respose.ContentType to text/xml. Doing a Document.Write in client side script in an HTML page should also generate the same
result (you might need to specify a META tag to define the content type, never tried this option but theoretically it should work).

 Want to know more? Check out the MSDN Library at http://msdn.microsoft.com  or the Microsoft Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com

Scot Rose, MCSD
Microsoft Visual Basic Developer Support

This posting is provided AS IS, with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sun, 10 Jul 2005 02:48:37 GMT

1. FREE Tutorials on HTML XHTML CSS JavaScript XML XSL ASP SQL ADO VBScript, SAP - ABAP

2. Render XML+XSL into PrintDocument (not XML) ?

3. XML-XSL Transformation

4. Convert DataTable XML to CSV Using XSL

5. render Hello.xml + Hello.xsl into PrintDocument ?

6. xml in asp and xsl

7. VB and XML/XSL

8. Create xml/xsl file

9. XML / XSL -- PPC 2002 -- An interesting Query ??!!

10. Css and xml Database

11. FREE Tutorials on HTML XHTML CSS JavaScript XML XSL ASP SQL ADO VBScript, SAP - ABAP and more...

12. Embedded XSL and xsl:import