Minimize Internet Downloa
Author Message
 Minimize Internet Downloa

Hi,

I've been seeking a way to miminize VB's runtime library files
for my 5 applications.  Found an example, ClockOCX, that looks
promising.  The library files are checked during download and
if newer files exist they are downloaded from MS's website.
Now need to know how to run this INF file?

Here is the example's INF file listing.  Need to change anything
in order to get VB6 runtime version without the example ClockOCX?
If so, what?  And, what runs this INF file ... some Setup.exe?
Where does this all fit into my Installation package?

Here is the example INF listing ...

;INF file for ClockOCX.ocx
;DestDir can be 10 for Windows directory, 11 for Windows\System(32)
directory, or left blank for the Occache directory.

[version]
signature="$CHICAGO$"
AdvancedINF=2.0

[DefaultInstall]
CopyFiles=install.files
RegisterOCXs=RegisterFiles
AddReg=AddToRegistry

[RInstallApplicationFiles]
CopyFiles=install.files
RegisterOCXs=RegisterFiles
AddReg=AddToRegistry

[DestinationDirs]
install.files=11

[SourceDisksNames]
1=%DiskName%,ClockOCX.CAB,1

[Add.Code]
ClockOCX.ocx=ClockOCX.ocx   ; assume delete this line
MSVBVM60.DLL=MSVBVM60.DLL
OLEAUT32.DLL=OLEAUT32.DLL
OLEPRO32.DLL=OLEPRO32.DLL
ASYCFILT.DLL=ASYCFILT.DLL
STDOLE2.TLB=STDOLE2.TLB
COMCAT.DLL=COMCAT.DLL

[install.files]
ClockOCX.ocx=ClockOCX.ocx   ; assume delete this line
MSVBVM60.DLL=MSVBVM60.DLL
OLEAUT32.DLL=OLEAUT32.DLL
OLEPRO32.DLL=OLEPRO32.DLL
ASYCFILT.DLL=ASYCFILT.DLL
STDOLE2.TLB=STDOLE2.TLB
COMCAT.DLL=COMCAT.DLL

[SourceDisksFiles]
ClockOCX.ocx=1       ; assume delete this line
MSVBVM60.DLL=1
OLEAUT32.DLL=1
OLEPRO32.DLL=1
ASYCFILT.DLL=1
STDOLE2.TLB=1
COMCAT.DLL=1

[ClockOCX.ocx]             ; assume delete this -section-
file-win32-x86=thiscab
RegisterServer=yes
clsid={27E428E0-9145-11D2-BAC5-0080C8F21830}
DestDir=
FileVersion=1,0,0,0

[MSVBVM60.DLL]
hook=MSVBVM60.cab_Installer
FileVersion=6,0,81,76

[MSVBVM60.cab_Installer]
file-win32-x86= http://www.*-*-*.com/
run=%EXTRACT_DIR%\VBRun60.exe

[OLEAUT32.DLL]
hook=OLEAUT32.cab_Installer
FileVersion=2,30,4261,1

[OLEAUT32.cab_Installer]
file-win32-x86= http://www.*-*-*.com/
run=%EXTRACT_DIR%\VBRun60.exe

[OLEPRO32.DLL]
hook=OLEPRO32.cab_Installer
FileVersion=5,0,4261,1

[OLEPRO32.cab_Installer]
file-win32-x86= http://www.*-*-*.com/
run=%EXTRACT_DIR%\VBRun60.exe

[ASYCFILT.DLL]
hook=ASYCFILT.cab_Installer
FileVersion=2,30,4261,1

[ASYCFILT.cab_Installer]
file-win32-x86= http://www.*-*-*.com/
run=%EXTRACT_DIR%\VBRun60.exe

[STDOLE2.TLB]
hook=STDOLE2.cab_Installer
FileVersion=2,30,4261,1

[STDOLE2.cab_Installer]
file-win32-x86= http://www.*-*-*.com/
run=%EXTRACT_DIR%\VBRun60.exe

[COMCAT.DLL]
hook=COMCAT.cab_Installer
FileVersion=4,71,1460,1

[COMCAT.cab_Installer]
file-win32-x86= http://www.*-*-*.com/
run=%EXTRACT_DIR%\VBRun60.exe

[Setup Hooks]
AddToRegHook=AddToRegHook

[AddToRegHook]
InfSection=DefaultInstall2

[DefaultInstall2]
AddReg=AddToRegistry
------------ end of INF listing ----------

Ideas how to get this up and running in an Installation program?

Thanks,
Phil

---
 * MM 1.1 #0365 * I *did* read the docs; that's why I'm confused!

Sun, 22 May 2005 01:11:00 GMT

1. Problem with Internet Control & Minimize

2. Minimize a form when minimizing a child of it

3. Minimize an SDI -Form when minimizing an other...

4. Internet Internet Transfer control

5. Opening MS Internet News or MS Internet Mail

6. Disconnecting for Internet After Using Internet Transfer Control

7. Internet Control Pack (aka Internet ActiveX Control)

8. Internet Connection through Ado (Internet Server Error)

9. Internet Connection through Ado (Internet Server Error)

10. Minimize the Access Window

11. Minimize Access

12. How to hide the minimize, restore and close button on a maximized form