VB vs ASP
Author Message
 VB vs ASP

Hi

I am an IS student who's part of a project group embarking on a new project
to develop a completely web-based system.  We have a major problem in that
none of us have developed for the web before and we can't seem to reach a
decision on which tool to use.  We are divided between using Visual Basic
6.0's web module or ASP's (using Drumbeat 2000 or Visual Interdev).

Our proposed system will have quite a bit of database interaction as well as
functions such as automatic emails etc.  If anyone is knowledgeable in both
the areas mentioned above and has any thoughts on which one is more
appropriate for our proposed system, please reply to this message or to me

Many thanks

Keno Mentor

Mon, 14 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

If it's web based use ASP

Mon, 14 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VB vs ASP
I would use ASP/VBScript/JavaScript with Visual Interdev. I would develop
COM objects with Visual Basic (not IIS applications) to handle the more
complicated server-side processing.

Al Walker

Quote:
> Hi

> I am an IS student who's part of a project group embarking on a new
project
> to develop a completely web-based system.  We have a major problem in that
> none of us have developed for the web before and we can't seem to reach a
> decision on which tool to use.  We are divided between using Visual Basic
> 6.0's web module or ASP's (using Drumbeat 2000 or Visual Interdev).

> Our proposed system will have quite a bit of database interaction as well
as
> functions such as automatic emails etc.  If anyone is knowledgeable in
both
> the areas mentioned above and has any thoughts on which one is more
> appropriate for our proposed system, please reply to this message or to me

> Many thanks

> Keno Mentor

Tue, 15 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB vs ASP

2. asp.dll - VB 5.0 vs. VB 6.0

3. VB 5.0 vs. VB 6.0 - ASP.DLL

4. ActiveX Document vs DHTML Application vs ASP??

5. ActiveX Document vs DHTML Application vs ASP??

6. ActiveX Document vs DHTML Application vs ASP??

7. Survey on ASP/VS6.0 versus ASP.NET/VS.NET

8. url encoding ASP vs ASP.net

9. VB6/ASP vs .NET/ASP.NET development

10. ASP 2.0 vs. ASP 3.0

11. ObjectContext vs. Passing ASP objects from ASP page

12. VB.net vs ASP.net