How can I change how Inet identifies itself?
Author Message
 How can I change how Inet identifies itself?

I'm working on an app that uses the Internet Transfer Control. I examined a
log to see how the control identifies itself to a server when retrieving a
web page, and it shows up in the server logs as "Microsoft+URL+Control".
I'd like to replace this with the name of my app, so that webmasters will
know that the request originated from my application. Does anyone know how
to override the default identification? For example, when using the
wininet.dll API directly, you use code such as:

hInet = InternetOpen(App.Title, INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PRECONFIG, vbNullString,
vbNullString, 0&)
If hInet Then
         hUrl = InternetOpenUrl(hInet, CStr(url), vbNullString, 0, Flags, 0)
End If

The App.Title above allows your app to identify itself to the server. How
can you accomplish the same thing with the ActiveX Inet control?

Thanks
Brett

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. RecordCount changes itself?

2. LastUpdated property changed by itself?

3. Access - Changing Records itself

4. Source code changes itself.

5. Identifying and Changing colors

6. Identifying change in document contents

7. Identifying which control changed

8. Help Needed with Identifying and changing keyboard language

9. inet inet inet

10. How do I create a canned form?

11. Canned AcctReceivable Module needed!

12. Canned pages....