Re Installing TCP/IP
Author Message
 Re Installing TCP/IP

Hi,

I was wondering if someone here would be kind enough to help me with re
installing TCP/IP.

I am programming in VB and I want my program to flush TCP/IP, To remove all
its entiries from registry and put it back to default "Dynamic".

if someone here could point me  to the right direction as to which keys I
need to reset and what files are usually copied during re install of TCP/IP
process.

TIA

Sat, 14 Aug 2004 01:32:24 GMT
 Re Installing TCP/IP
You may need your Windows CD to complete this...

1) Right-Click on Network Neighborhood (My Network) and choose Properties.

2) Remove all references to TCP/IP

3) Reboot

4) Right-Click on Network Neighborhood and choose Properties.

5) Choose ADD / Protocol / Microsoft / TCP/IP

6) Go through all the TCP/IP references properties, Set addresses to
Dynamic, DNS to No, Wins to DHCP or NO.

7) Reboot

--

Tnx,
Jeff Parrish

Quote:
> I was wondering if someone here would be kind enough to help me with re
> installing TCP/IP.

> I am programming in VB and I want my program to flush TCP/IP, To remove
all
> its entiries from registry and put it back to default "Dynamic".

> if someone here could point me  to the right direction as to which keys I
> need to reset and what files are usually copied during re install of
TCP/IP
> process.

> TIA

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 00:15:32 GMT
 Re Installing TCP/IP
Let me clear re explain, I want my program to flush stack and re install.

Quote:
> You may need your Windows CD to complete this...

> 1) Right-Click on Network Neighborhood (My Network) and choose Properties.

> 2) Remove all references to TCP/IP

> 3) Reboot

> 4) Right-Click on Network Neighborhood and choose Properties.

> 5) Choose ADD / Protocol / Microsoft / TCP/IP

> 6) Go through all the TCP/IP references properties, Set addresses to
> Dynamic, DNS to No, Wins to DHCP or NO.

> 7) Reboot

> --

> Tnx,
> Jeff Parrish
> GHC Services - Owner
> http://www.ghcservices.com

> > I was wondering if someone here would be kind enough to help me with re
> > installing TCP/IP.

> > I am programming in VB and I want my program to flush TCP/IP, To remove
> all
> > its entiries from registry and put it back to default "Dynamic".

> > if someone here could point me  to the right direction as to which keys
> > need to reset and what files are usually copied during re install of
> TCP/IP
> > process.

> > TIA

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 05:43:17 GMT
 Re Installing TCP/IP
I think you'll find it pretty much impossible. My company may use Novell's
TCP/IP stack instead of Microsoft's. It'll have a completely different
installation process than MS's, and my company sysadmin's won't be happy
with you at all if you replace it. And under WinNT/2K/XP, installing network
protocols may require admin privileges, which many lowly corporate employees
won't have. And then there's the matter of how would you know how to
configure the stack, the DHCP settings, IP address to use, gateway address,
DNS address, etc...

Quote:
> Let me clear re explain, I want my program to flush stack and re install.

> > You may need your Windows CD to complete this...

> > 1) Right-Click on Network Neighborhood (My Network) and choose
Properties.

> > 2) Remove all references to TCP/IP

> > 3) Reboot

> > 4) Right-Click on Network Neighborhood and choose Properties.

> > 5) Choose ADD / Protocol / Microsoft / TCP/IP

> > 6) Go through all the TCP/IP references properties, Set addresses to
> > Dynamic, DNS to No, Wins to DHCP or NO.

> > 7) Reboot

> > --

> > Tnx,
> > Jeff Parrish
> > GHC Services - Owner
> > http://www.ghcservices.com

> > > I was wondering if someone here would be kind enough to help me with
re
> > > installing TCP/IP.

> > > I am programming in VB and I want my program to flush TCP/IP, To
remove
> > all
> > > its entiries from registry and put it back to default "Dynamic".

> > > if someone here could point me  to the right direction as to which
keys
> > > need to reset and what files are usually copied during re install of
> > TCP/IP
> > > process.

> > > TIA

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 07:02:22 GMT
 Re Installing TCP/IP
Program I am creating is not going to be for corporate desktops, mainly for
end users who use regular internet conx, and most ISPs use TCP/IP stack from
microsoft.  This app is going to be for win9x/ME/2k/XP home edition and If i
was to flush stack I would ask before doing so 8)

so the user would have to have permission.

and thats exactly right....I am looking for what TCP/IP registry entries
look like for dynamic under microsoft stack and what files are usually
copied over from windows cab files.

Quote:
> I think you'll find it pretty much impossible. My company may use Novell's
> TCP/IP stack instead of Microsoft's. It'll have a completely different
> installation process than MS's, and my company sysadmin's won't be happy
> with you at all if you replace it. And under WinNT/2K/XP, installing
network
> protocols may require admin privileges, which many lowly corporate
employees
> won't have. And then there's the matter of how would you know how to
> configure the stack, the DHCP settings, IP address to use, gateway
address,
> DNS address, etc...

> > Let me clear re explain, I want my program to flush stack and re
install.

> > > You may need your Windows CD to complete this...

> > > 1) Right-Click on Network Neighborhood (My Network) and choose
> Properties.

> > > 2) Remove all references to TCP/IP

> > > 3) Reboot

> > > 4) Right-Click on Network Neighborhood and choose Properties.

> > > 5) Choose ADD / Protocol / Microsoft / TCP/IP

> > > 6) Go through all the TCP/IP references properties, Set addresses to
> > > Dynamic, DNS to No, Wins to DHCP or NO.

> > > 7) Reboot

> > > --

> > > Tnx,
> > > Jeff Parrish
> > > GHC Services - Owner
> > > http://www.ghcservices.com

> re

> remove
> > > all

> keys
> > > TCP/IP

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 13:08:45 GMT

1. check for installed tcp/ip networking

2. How to install TCP IP protocol

3. Install TCP/IP auto

4. Installing TCP/IP under Win95/NT

5. How to install TCP/IP protocol

6. Installing TCP/IP under Win95/NT

7. Re Installing TCP/IP

8. installing tcp/ip from VB5 program

9. Install tcp/ip from VB5 program?

10. Installing TCP/IP under Win95/NT

11. how can I install tcp/ip automaticaly?

12. Detecting if DUN and TCP/IP are installed.