ISAPI FTP transfer corrupts file
Author Message
 ISAPI FTP transfer corrupts file

I am using the ftpPutFile and ftpGetFile API functions of the ISAPI in a vb
program.  It works fine when transferring text files.  However when I
transfer a jet .mdb file it becomes unreadable by Access or DAO 3.5.  It is
no longer recognized as an mdb file.  I downloaded an example program from
the Knowledge Base that used these API's and based my program on these
examples.

There are two constants declared in the examples, FTP_TRANSFER_TYPE_ASCII
and FTP_TRANSFER_TYPE_BINARY.  They both are given a value of &H1.  I
suspect the problem with the transfer corruption might be these constants,
since they are both assigned the same value.

I have a program from Ipswitch software which will transfer these mdb files
without corrupting the with the transfer mode set to binary.

Does anyone know if the value of &H1 is the right flag to set binary
transfer mode for these ISAPI ftp transfer functions ?

Sat, 24 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ISAPI FTP transfer corrupts file

I have a class with two functions GetFile and PutFile.
Here is my constants for using wininet.dll (API)

Private Const FTP_TRANSFER_TYPE_UNKNOWN As Long = 0
Private Const FTP_TRANSFER_TYPE_ASCII As Long = 1
Private Const FTP_TRANSFER_TYPE_BINARY As Long = 2

If you get working, give a feedback !

Flavio N Scheiner
Sitemaker
http://www.sitemaker.com.br

Quote:
>I am using the ftpPutFile and ftpGetFile API functions of the ISAPI in a vb
>program.  It works fine when transferring text files.  However when I
>transfer a jet .mdb file it becomes unreadable by Access or DAO 3.5.  It is
>no longer recognized as an mdb file.  I downloaded an example program from
>the Knowledge Base that used these API's and based my program on these
>examples.

>There are two constants declared in the examples, FTP_TRANSFER_TYPE_ASCII
>and FTP_TRANSFER_TYPE_BINARY.  They both are given a value of &H1.  I
>suspect the problem with the transfer corruption might be these constants,
>since they are both assigned the same value.

>I have a program from Ipswitch software which will transfer these mdb files
>without corrupting the with the transfer mode set to binary.

>Does anyone know if the value of &H1 is the right flag to set binary
>transfer mode for these ISAPI ftp transfer functions ?

Mon, 26 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Server.Transfer to ISAPI dll?

2. Binary FTP Transfer with Inet Transfer Control

3. Internet Transfer Control - Cannot FTP to Intranet FTP sites

4. Ftp to Ftp transfers (and assorted other thingies)

5. FTP File Transfer and Wildcards

6. Help - problems with FTP file transfers in VB6 (repost)

7. Showing progress of ftp file transfer?

8. Transferring files between Apps over FTP

9. FTP File Transfer - URGENT!

10. Restarting FTP file Transfer from Point of Disruption....(help)

11. FTP - Automated File Transfer Program Needed

12. Transfer Files Without FTP