Web Browser: force read from file
Author Message
 Web Browser: force read from file

I have one VB5 form with a Web Browser control, and every single time the
form is loaded I need to read one local HTML file. The machines on which the
application will be running all have dial-up internet connections.

One problem I am having is that I do not seem able to convince the Web
Browser control that it should read from the file and NOT try to go on-line.

Most time the browser opens the file. At times, it displays the "Connect /
Work Off Line" dialog. If I click "Stay Off Line", the browser properly
loads the file.

At this point I am getting a bit confused and I may be missing the point,
but it appears that the Web Browser decides - randomly - to display the
"Connect / Work Off Line" dialog box.

Could anybody suggest what is the best way to always force the browser to
read from the specified local file without attempting to go on-line? Thanks
in advance to all of you that will respond.

--
Giorgio Vidali - GV Software

Sun, 25 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Force Web Browser to load Word document in foreground

2. Web Browser: Opening link in new Web Browser window

3. How to make my web browser as a default web browser

4. Read Outlook msg in Web Browser

5. Implementing a custom web browser to read chinese big5 characters

6. HELP! read default Web browser in VB3

7. Microsoft Web-Browser Active-X Control - Make it read-only

8. VB6 - Read HTML source of a web browser

9. Make Web-browser control Read-Only?

10. How to read html source from Web-browser control

11. Implementing a custom web browser to read chinese big5 characters

12. Read META-tags from web browser control