Error 40020: Invalid operation at current state.
Author Message
 Error 40020: Invalid operation at current state.

When accepting a connection from a client using the Winsock control, I
receive the following error consistently:

Error 40020: Invalid operation at current state.

Then when I close VB5, the entire thing crashes. I've got Service Pack #3
installed, what should i do?
Please Cc your reply to the e-mail address below, thanks.
--
Matt Nicholson

Thu, 13 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 40020: Invalid operation at current state.

Try this:
It is part of a ftp-server program, you can get the hole
code on
http://www1.stuttgart.netsurf.de/~tomtom/dataspy.htm

Private Sub Winsock1_ConnectionRequest(ByVal requestID As Long)
Dim o As Form
ginstance = ginstance + 1 'global
Set o = New ftpserv 'the same form
If o.Winsock1.State <> sckClosed Then o.Winsock1.Close
    o.Winsock1.Accept requestID
DoEvents
'
o.caption = "Connected" + Str$(o.Winsock1.LocalPort) +
Str$(o.Winsock1.RemotePort) + "Remotehost:" + o.Winsock1.RemoteHost +
" localIp:" + o.Winsock1.LocalIP

DoEvents

o.Show

End Sub

Quote:

>When accepting a connection from a client using the Winsock control, I
>receive the following error consistently:

>Error 40020: Invalid operation at current state.

>Then when I close VB5, the entire thing crashes. I've got Service Pack #3
>installed, what should i do?
>Please Cc your reply to the e-mail address below, thanks.
>--
>Matt Nicholson

Fri, 14 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB5 Winsock Error #40020 : Invalid Operation At Current State ????

2. Invalid operation at current state.

3. VB6: Winsock error - Invalid Oporation at Current State

4. Winsock control error 40020

5. Winsock Error 40020

6. "Operation invalid without current index"

7. Operation invalid without a current index

8. Winsock error "Invalid operation in current state."

9. Error: The handle is in the wrong state for the requested operation

10. invalid cursor state error

11. Invalid Operation Error

12. field.properties.append -- Invalid Operation error?