Sending Binary files with a TCP/IP Communication
Author Message
 Sending Binary files with a TCP/IP Communication

Hello All !!!
How I send a binary file from Computer A to Computer B, the Computer A and
the Computer B are conected to the internet, I would like what my
application send a binary file from computer A to Computer B. How I make
this ??
Excuse-me, if my english is incorrect, because I am brazilian.
Thanks.
Thanks.
Thanks.

Sun, 25 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Sending Binary files with a TCP/IP Communication
I have a rather 'small' peice of code I found on the newsgroups earlier last
month.

Here you go, asumming you have a connection established with computer A & B,
then it should work like a breeze for you...

Good Luck!
'------------------
'Computer A
'-------------------
'Here you go
'This code assums you have a control named WinSock1
    Dim FileNum As Integer
    Dim baSendFile() As Byte

    FileNum = FreeFile
    'Here you need to specify the file being sent
    'It would work good with a Common Dialog control
    'So the End user can pick the file he/she wants to send
    Open "Your.Filename" For Binary As FileNum

    ReDim baSendFile(1 To LOF(FileNum))

    Get #FileNum, 1, baSendFile
    Close FileNum

    Winsock1.SendData baSendFile()
    MsgBox "File Transfer Complete!"

'------------------
'Computer B
'-------------------
'Here you go
'This code assums you have a control named WinSock2
'You should put this on a different form?

Private Sub Winsock2_DataArrival(ByVal bytesTotal As Long)
    Dim FileNum As Integer
    Dim baRecv() As Byte

    ReDim baRecv(1 To bytesTotal)

    Winsock2.GetData baRecv, vbByte, bytesTotal

    FileNum = FreeFile
    'This is the file where the data should be wrote to.
    'You could somehow extract the filename and put a string there
    'With the right name
    Open "Incoming.FileName" For Binary As FreeFile
    Put #FileNum, LOF(FileNum) + 1, baRecv
    Close FileNum
    MsgBox "File Transfer Complete!"
End Sub

Good Luck with your app!

--
Ricky

Ricky Harjes - TSCL

"Real programmers are those that can
sleep in front of terminals ... with their
eyes opened." - Anonymous

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Quote:

>Hello All !!!
>How I send a binary file from Computer A to Computer B, the Computer A and
>the Computer B are conected to the internet, I would like what my
>application send a binary file from computer A to Computer B. How I make
>this ??
>Excuse-me, if my english is incorrect, because I am brazilian.
>Thanks.
>Thanks.
>Thanks.

begin 666 Ricky S. Harjes.vcf

M1#TP00T*0412.TA/344Z.SL[.TU.#0I,04)%3#M(3TU%.DU.#0I54DPZ:'1T
M<#HO+W=W=RYG96]C:71I97,N8V]M+WYH;W=D>0T*55),.FAT=' Z+R]W=W<N
M9V5O8VET:65S+F-O;2]^:&]W9'D-"D5-04E,.U!2148[24Y415).150Z:VAA

"#0H`
`
end

Sun, 25 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Send files using TCP/IP or UDP???

2. Sending files with TCP/IP or UDP???

3. Send/Receive Files With TCP/IP or UDP

4. sending postscript-file to TCP/IP printerport

5. sending postscript-file to TCP/IP printport

6. VB.NET TCP/IP Communication

7. TCP/IP communications

8. TCP/IP Communications With QB 4.5

9. Question serial communications (BBS and TCP/IP)

10. Communication between two PCs with TCP/IP

11. TCP/IP communication with VB5/6

12. TCP/IP Socket communication DLL/Control??