WebBrowser control can't browse to IP address
Author Message
 WebBrowser control can't browse to IP address

Hi. I have a webbrowser control in my VB6 Pro application
that works fine on my development machine (NT 4.0, SP6).
It can browse to both web addresses (www.yahoo.com) and IP
addresses ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ).

The problem is on some (not all) other pc's, the browser
can browse to web addresses fine, but can't get to an IP
address. It doesn't cause an error, it's like it gets
lost, and the DownloadComplete event never fires.

Is there some .dll or other type of file these machines
are missing? Two machines I've found the problem on are NT
4.0, but it works on other NT's.

Many thanks in advance,
Jeff

Mon, 09 Aug 2004 23:57:02 GMT

1. Getting a machine's MAC address given a NETBIOS machine name or IP address

2. How to address multiple IP 'Listeners'

3. 'Canned' data in VB program

4. WebBrowser Control + Browsing unknown type file

5. Browsing Local filesystem with WebBrowser Control

6. WebBrowser control browsing to an Anchor in an HTML doc

7. Browsing Local Filesystem with WebBrowser Control

8. User's IP address....

9. Obtaining computer's Ip addresses through vb?

10. Get IP Address from user's NT Workstation

11. Can't get IP Address on Windows 95 machine

12. Detecting a user's Net Connection (IP Address and Type)