New VB Term Example
Author Message
 New VB Term Example

I am trying to send a text file back and forth between two computers in my home
office.  I am using the new vb term example to help me learn how to accomplish
this.  My problem is that I can't figure out how to connect to my other
computers modem.  I am able to dial out, but I don't know what number to dial,
etc. Can I use the IP addresses to connect instead of dialing a phone number?
Is there an easy way to determine each computers IP address?  One computer is
using a cable modem and Windows 2000 while the other is using a dial up
connection and Windows Me.  Thanks a lot for your time.

Mon, 19 Dec 2005 02:53:56 GMT
 New VB Term Example

Yes you can use the IP address. To find the IP address on each computer, use the dos command IPCONFIG /all to see which ip adress has been alocated to your pc.

Quote:

> I am trying to send a text file back and forth between two computers in my home
> office.  I am using the new vb term example to help me learn how to accomplish
> this.  My problem is that I can't figure out how to connect to my other
> computers modem.  I am able to dial out, but I don't know what number to dial,
> etc. Can I use the IP addresses to connect instead of dialing a phone number?
> Is there an easy way to determine each computers IP address?  One computer is
> using a cable modem and Windows 2000 while the other is using a dial up
> connection and Windows Me.  Thanks a lot for your time.

Thu, 22 Dec 2005 03:50:23 GMT

1. New to VB new example,,,Please

2. New to programming, need laymans terms

3. New FREE VB site with examples

4. New FREE VB site with examples

5. New FREE VB site with examples

6. Proposal: alt.binaries.examples.vb4 , alt.binaries.examples.vcpp , alt.binaries.examples.java

7. VB Database programmer needed for short term project in Miami

8. VB expert in NJ seeks short term contract

9. Short Term VB Non-Programming Remote Project

10. VB Term Sample Program

11. Proposal: alt.binaries.examples.vb4 , alt.binaries.examples.vcpp , alt.binaries.examples.java

12. VB 4.0 Term app not working