Internet Control Pack (aka Internet ActiveX Control)
Author Message
 Internet Control Pack (aka Internet ActiveX Control)

I'm attempting to program an NNTP reader.  I do have VB6 Pro, but
Microsoft used to distribute a package of OCX controls that more
explicitly fit my needs.  Wondering if anyone has a link.  Can't find it
in MSDN anymore; probably terribly obsolete!

These include:

   NNTPCT.OCX
   HTTPCT.OCX
   NMOCOD.DLL  MIGHT be NMOCDD.DLL (crease in the paper)
   POPCT.OCX
   WINSCK.OCX

Any URL's would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Norm

Tue, 11 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Internet Control Pack (aka Internet ActiveX Control)
I think I still have a copy collecting dust...email the addy in my sig and
remind me to look for it.

--
Screensavers by Ceg  http://sphosting.com/saversbyceg
The Rune Carver  http://sphosting.com/saversbyceg/runes

Quote:

>I'm attempting to program an NNTP reader.  I do have VB6 Pro, but
>Microsoft used to distribute a package of OCX controls that more
>explicitly fit my needs.  Wondering if anyone has a link.  Can't find it
>in MSDN anymore; probably terribly obsolete!

>These include:

>   NNTPCT.OCX
>   HTTPCT.OCX
>   NMOCOD.DLL  MIGHT be NMOCDD.DLL (crease in the paper)
>   POPCT.OCX
>   WINSCK.OCX

>Any URL's would be greatly appreciated!

>Thanks!

>Norm

Tue, 11 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Internet Control Pack (aka Internet ActiveX Control)
I tried emailing that through 3 different addys and they all timed
out...sent if from a 4th and it went through.
Quote:

>I think I still have a copy collecting dust...email the addy in my sig and
>remind me to look for it.

>--
>Screensavers by Ceg  http://sphosting.com/saversbyceg
>The Rune Carver  http://sphosting.com/saversbyceg/runes

>>I'm attempting to program an NNTP reader.  I do have VB6 Pro, but
>>Microsoft used to distribute a package of OCX controls that more
>>explicitly fit my needs.  Wondering if anyone has a link.  Can't find it
>>in MSDN anymore; probably terribly obsolete!

>>These include:

>>   NNTPCT.OCX
>>   HTTPCT.OCX
>>   NMOCOD.DLL  MIGHT be NMOCDD.DLL (crease in the paper)
>>   POPCT.OCX
>>   WINSCK.OCX

>>Any URL's would be greatly appreciated!

>>Thanks!

>>Norm

Tue, 11 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Internet Control Pack (aka Internet ActiveX Control)
On Fri, 25 Aug 2000 23:17:17 GMT, "Norman E. Spaulding"

Quote:

>I'm attempting to program an NNTP reader.  I do have VB6 Pro, but
>Microsoft used to distribute a package of OCX controls that more
>explicitly fit my needs.  Wondering if anyone has a link.  Can't find it
>in MSDN anymore; probably terribly obsolete!

If you want to code everything, then first read up on using the
Winsock control for TCP communications.  This information is in MSDN.
Then, read the Request For Comments (RFC) 977 document (which can be
found at [http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/htbin/rfc/rfc977.html ] among
many other places).  RFC 977 describes the Network News Transfer
Protocol (NNTP) which you will need to use to interface with your news
server (NNTP server) and download the softwares.

If you're looking for a control specific for NNTP we have one as part
of our commercial SocketTools package. We also include a sample NEWS
which uses the NNTP control in a simple news client. You can download
SocketTools from our website at http://www.catalyst.com.

David

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. ActiveX Internet Control Pack beta 2 HELP!!!!!!

2. ActiveX Internet Control Pack question

3. Internet ActiveX Control Pack question

4. ActiveX Internet Control Pack

5. Netmanage ActiveX Internet Control Pack v6.02

6. Internet Control Pack ---- how to load the controls..???

7. Internet Control Pack - NNTP Client Control

8. MS Internet Control Pack HTTP control - help??

9. Newt Internet Controls (old MS Inet control pack)

10. Netmanage Internet Control Pack - FTP control

11. MS ActiveX Internet Controls - HTTP Control help needed

12. Internet Control Pack (by Microsoft)