Icons, extracticon API
Author Message
 Icons, extracticon API

Try this API call: ExtractAssociatedIcon

--
Guy Barrette
Montreal VB User Group www.gvbm.org

Quote:

>Does anyone have a sample of how to get the default icon for a file type?
>eg, getting from the registry the icon for a file type, ie for a bmp, get
>the mspaint icon, and then put it in an image in a vb program? Any help?
>Thanks.

Wed, 05 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Icons, extracticon API

Quote:

> Does anyone have a sample of how to get the default icon for a file type?
> eg, getting from the registry the icon for a file type, ie for a bmp, get
> the mspaint icon, and then put it in an image in a vb program? Any help?
> Thanks.

Check  out
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/rasanen/vbnet/default.htm

in the code library section.

Hope this helps

Atul Tewari

Wed, 05 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Icons, extracticon API

2. Icons, extracticon API

3. Icons, extracticon API

4. ExtractIcon api call and then saving the icon to a file (HELP)

5. Icons - How to gain access to the Mask, image as well as the Color-table : ExtractIcon

6. Icons - How to gain access to the Mask, image as well as the Color-table : ExtractIcon

7. Icon = ExtractIcon

8. VB4.0 ExtractIcon, DrawIcon API calls

9. API: Using ExtractIcon and .Picture property

10. ExtractIcon API:NewBie needs help

11. ExtractIcon API

12. How to add an icon to a ImageList using the API "ExtractIcon"