ActiveX EXE & COM/DCOM
Author Message
 ActiveX EXE & COM/DCOM

Dear pal

My question/ problem is about COM / DCOM.

I base my problem on two MSDN articles:
 ? Q161837 HOWTO: Create a DCOM Client/Server Application
 ? Q176951 HOWTO: Use Events to Generate Asynchronous Callbacks

I have an ActiveX EXE application the Server application and a standard
EXE with an ActiveX DLL The Client Application.

When Im running the client and the server on a single PC all parts are
working perfectly, the first client application is launching the ActiveX EXE
server and then all other clients instants are using the same instant of
the ActiveX EXE server.
Then Im installing the ActiveX EXE server as a DCOM component on another
computer (on the server computer) and configuring it with the DCOM
Configuration to run on this computer.

The problem is - when Im starting some Client application on one PC all the
client instants are using the same instant of the ActiveX EXE server (which
is running on the server computer). BUT when Im starting another Client
application on another PC its launching the ActiveX EXE server (on the
server computer) once again!?
How can I force all client applications all over the local NET to use the
same instant of the ActiveX EXE server (on the server computer)?

Another question is where I should configure that if Im compiling the
ActiveX DLL the standard EXE that is reference to this DLL will not feel it
and I should not have to compile the EXE again. The same question is about
compiling ActiveX EXE.
Please dont tell me to open all the projects together in one Group,
different peoples in different citys are developing the DLL and the
standard EXE

Please HELP me with my problems

Gil-ad Arad
                  \\\ | ///
                 | ~   ~ |
                (- o o -)
-------oOOo (_)OOo------

Gil-ad Arad
R&D Team
CTMotion

Home Page : http://www.*-*-*.com/
                  Oooo
-----oooO--( )  )--
    (  ( )         )  /
     \  (          (_/
      \_)
 Send me an E-mail and I will be notify by
receiving your E-mail on my cellphone screen with your name and the E-mail
subject

Sun, 21 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ActiveX EXE & COM/DCOM

2. ActiveX EXE & COM/DCOM

3. ActiveX Server & COM /DCOM

4. ActiveX Server & COM /DCOM

5. Why DCOM ActiveX Exe is Working and ActiveX Dll is not working

6. ActiveX DLL, ActiveX EXE & ActiveX OCX version

7. ActiveX DLL, ActiveX EXE & ActiveX OCX version

8. How to register COM EXE for DCOM in win98

9. How different ATL, COM,DCOM,DLL,ActiveX Contrl....

10. How different ATL, COM,DCOM,DLL,ActiveX Contrl....

11. Calling COM EXE from VB.NET Service leaves COM EXE in Memory

12. Server side ActiveX Exe using DCOM